54

~Amelia~

"Gosh we got a lot of things today" Romeo says stepping out of his car. I too jump out to grab some bags. There are so many things the guards help us bring everything inside.
"Thank you guys!" I say as the guards go back to where they stood before.

"Alright that's enough for today, I feel so tired" I say as Romeo brings the last things inside.
"I agree" he says out of breath.

"Goodnight" I say as I make my way upstairs. I walk into the bedroom and spot Ezra. I immediately start babbling about today.
"We got these really cool fairy lights, you have to see them they will look magical once we get them up, and then guess what I found!!" I say so exited. Ezra grabs me by the waist bringing us close. "What?" He asks looking deep into my eyes.

I laugh before even telling him. "We got Dex his own suit with a bow!! Isn't that the cutest thing you've ever heard" I say as a smile tugs at his lips. He looks at me with so much love giving me a nod. "That is cute" he says then continues to admire me.
"What is it? And by the way I can't talk right when you look at me like that" I say as he laughs.

He gives me a kiss on the forehead. "I'm just...happy" he says making me melt. For years he's been so miserable and lived in his own trauma. It means the world to me that he can finally say he's happy.

"I have another surprise for you" I say starting to unbutton his shirt.
"Oh is that so" he says raising an eyebrow. "Mhm and you'll like it very much" I add as I throw him on the bed then getting on top of him. He brings my face to his as he kisses me.
"I love you" I say and he smiles against my lips. "I love you more"

***

The garden is almost finished. It looks beautiful, exactly as I pictured it to be. "Dinners ready love" Ezra says at the door. "Coming" I say running after him. He reaches for my hand and we head downstairs together.

The boys and their mom is already seated waiting for us. "Took you long enough" Gia says rolling her eyes.

"So Ezra tell me have you met Savannah Marry yet" she asks with a smirk after a while. Ezra shakes his head. "No who was she again?" He says taking a bite out of his food.

"She's a really good girl with a great background, I got her to train with your team. She's a good fighter." Gia says.

"No haven't met her yet" Ezra answers with a fake smile. We all know what this is about. It's about Gia wanting Ezra to marry this Savannah girl. Just as long as it's not with me.
"She comes from a great family and actually has one. Her reputation is great, many fear her. You two would be beautiful together" she continues.

The fact that she brought up my dead family made my eyes sting. I feel my tears building up. "Gia that's enough!" Ezra slams the table making us all jump. Gia looks at me with hatred.

"No! Get yourself together child! This isn't what we wanted for you, to go soft for a girl. Your mafia comes before anything! You can't marry a girl who's family's been shot dead. She has a bad reputation and will only bring yours down. She can't give you the family you deserve she doesn't even fucking have one, she'll be a horrible mom" she says standing up throwing her chair back. I feel how tears fall down my cheeks. Ezra looks furious.
Like he's going to kill her. I cry in silence. "Mother what are you saying" Lorenzo says with pain in his voice. I don't even know what to say or do. Those words felt like a knife to my heart.

Ezra stands up facing his aunt. "I do not fucking care about what people think! All you've done since you came here is talking shit about Amelia trying to bring her down. I won't allow someone as selfish as you bring my girl down. So from now on you listen to me! You will pack your bags and leave immediately before I decide to shoot you!" He says grabbing his gun but I stop him. And mouth the words "don't" because Antonio is watching. The poor boy is terrified. He hugs his brothers arm crying. Gia is left speechless.

"From now on I will only send Lorenzo the money and you'll for once in your life work for what you want." He says as she puts a hand on her chest with a wide mouth.

"Fucking out" he warns again and this time she leaves. I wipe away my tears. "Lorenzo when you receive the money I want you to take care of your brothers. Nothing goes to your mother, understood!" he says grabbing my hand and making me stand up too. "Of course! I'm so sorry she is this way" Lorenzo says embarrassed of his mother.

"Amelia we are sorry" Romeo says genuinely as I nod and give him a smile. "It's not your fault" I say.

"We will be leaving too if you do not want us here" Lorenzo says but I shake my head. "No I want you guys at our wedding, please don't blame yourself for her actions" I say then Ezra starts walking, taking me with him. We get upstairs. Then he turns to me. He's worried.

"I'm fine" I say as I watch his sad expression. "I should've thrown her out the second she came here" he says blaming himself.

"It's not your fault" I say then hug him. Digging my head in his chest. "What if she's right. I mean I know nothing about being a family. What if I will be a bad mom" I say scared my future child will hate me. Ezra grabs my chin forcing me to look at him. I don't know why I even asked that. "That's not possible, you will be a great mom" he says as I shake my head. "You don't know that" I say.

"Love, you will be the greatest mom because you know what to not be. You know what a family shouldn't be like" he says making me smile just a little. He's right. I will never put my child in the situations I have been in.

"I mean if we're already talking about this, I would be the bad parent here" he says pointing between me and him. We both laugh. "No stop you would be a great father because as you said to me, you know what a bad father is, you know what to not be" I say. Isn't this crazy that we are talking about kids. I laugh to myself. I never imagined myself with kids before because of my life. It's crazy to think that some day I'll actually become a mom.

Dex comes running towards us. He's slipping on the floor while running. "Dex sit" Ezra says snapping his finger then pointing down. Dex does exactly as he says. I gasp. "When did he learn that?" I say in shock.

"Well while you were planning the wedding I had some time to teach him tricks" he says then tells Dex to lay down. "No way" I say looking at dex laying on the ground.

Ezra looks proud as he gives Dex some pets on the head.
"You love him!" I say as Ezra nods.
"Maybe a little" he says as we both head for the bedroom. Dex follows us with his tongue out and floppy ears bouncing up and down.

Two chapters out this week hope you guys like it! <3