37

~Amelia~

Ezra has been really tense this morning. I tried talking to him but it's almost like he doesn't want to answer me. I guess this is about his father being home. I put on a cute mini dress today. It is after all summer soon.

Ezra is downstairs telling something to Kendrick. "Just give me a day it will be done tomorrow" he says as I walk down. Kendrick doesn't like me. He looks disgusted as I come up behind Ezra. I hug Ezra from behind and in a second he turns to me. Our eyes meet. But his is sadder. "What is it?" I ask worried for him. He shakes his head. "Nothing love" he says then stepping out of my grip. Huh.

Kendrick watches us but I couldn't care less because what the hell is going on here. Ezra never backs up from me.

"I have to take a call don't disturb me anyone" he says looking at me then walking to his office. What have I done?

He leaves me and Kendrick alone. I look at him confused. "Don't look all surprised he's always been like this" is the only thing Kendrick says before stepping into his room.

What a fun day isn't it.

***

It passes two hours and Ezra hasn't talked to me. I decide to do the one thing I'm best at, not listen. So I walk up to his office and knock on the door. "I'm working" he says through the door.

I open it anyway and step inside. For the first time today he actually looks at me. Scanning my body. "No more ignoring tell me, what's happening" I say crossing my arms. He doesn't know what to say. "What is it you are keeping from me, tell me my love" I say now sounding so much more worried. I step closer to him. He stands up too now.

"I haven't been fully honest with you" Ezra says eyes cold. I grab his hand because I don't know this Ezra. He's never been this cold to me. "You can tell me anything" I say still holding his hand. He makes no effort in grabbing mine but I keep it in his. Because his touch is all I need.

"I want a divorce"

What...

I make a nervous laugh because what the hell is he saying. "Ezra what are you saying" I say eye's tearing up. He takes away his hand from mine and walks over to his desk to grab a paper. "I do not want this anymore, it isn't good for anyone" he says putting the paper on the desk.

"You can't be serious, what we have is irreplaceable Ezra" I try to tell him but he is stone cold.
"This marriage was never a real one anyway just sign the divorce papers and it will be easier for everyone" he says. I let tears fall.
"That's bullshit and you know it! I won't sign it. You aren't in your right mind" I say wanting nothing of this to be true. He can't even meet my eyes.

"It's your father isn't it, you don't have to do as he says" I say trying to talk him out of whatever he's doing. "No I want this. I miss my old life" he says.
I breathe hard. How can he be so calm. "Ezra please what are you doing this is ruining us" I say crying.

"I've slept with other girls Amelia and I liked it, I don't want to be trapped in this marriage" he says and my heart sink to the floor. "What-" is all I can let out as shock hits me.

"I told you to never trust anyone, you should've stuck to that" he says only looking at my face. I put my hand on my chest to feel if it's still beating. I think this might kill me. How can he be so cruel to me. After everything we went through.

"Why did you do this to me" I say trying to wipe my tears. "Because this is what I am, and have always been" he says.
Maybe it's me who's been blind. "No this isn't you" I say because we both know he wouldn't hurt me like this. His face is stone cold. Is it this easy to just end things. Really?

"Life always finds a way to hurt me" I say trying to keep it together. I wipe my tears. I'm mad and sad at the same time. "I hope it keeps hurting you" Ezra says. And my hand goes to my mouth. He knows my past and decides to say things like this. This is someone I've never seen. This isn't the man I loved. He would never hurt me.

This is enough for me to sign the damn paper. I pick the pen up from his desk and write my name on the bottom. It is done. And in just 5 minutes my life has been ruined and this time I have no idea of how to recover. My heart is in thousand pieces. It has never felt this alone and broken.

Ezra doesn't look at me only stares at the wall. "One day you will realize that this" I pause to point at the space between us. "This was all we both needed to be happy and you ruined it all yourself" I say before walking out of his office. I don't want anything from this house. I just want to get out. I run outside crying. I tell Ezra's guards to call a taxi for me.

When the taxi arrives I jump in and ask him to drive me to where Mia lives.
I don't know what to say or think. How is this even possible. How can this happen. And why is it always me. How can anyone's life always turn out to be this miserable. When I finally think the worst thing has happened life finds a way to make sure the next thing will be worse. Why.

Why.

The taxi stops and I get out and ring miss doorbell. She opens the door with a smile but then realizes this isn't a fun day. I burst out crying as she hugs me tight. "Oh Amelia" she says sounding so sad too. She breaks the hug and takes me inside her home as we both take seats on her only couch.

When I've calmed myself down she brings me water then sits back down. "What is happening?" She asks rubbing my back. "Ezra cheated on me then wanted a divorce" I say.

"What the fuck!" Mia yells. "What happened you guys were so good just yesterday" she says not understanding anything. Honestly I don't know either. How can everything be so perfect at one time then not. I tell her everything that Ezra said to me. She is so mad, almost like fire will come out her mouth.
"He was everything to me Mia" I say feeling so empty inside. It's like I have nothing left.

"I will always be here you know that" Mia says squeezing my hand. I give her a smile. I know she means it but it's still very hard to believe her words. It's like everyone that says that ends up leaving me anyway. Mom, Eloise, Ezra. It's to many people that I've lost now. "I don't think I can ever move on from this" I tell Mia.

"Girl get yourself together, we will find you someone 10 times better than that cheating asshole" she says trying to boost me. But I don't want anyone else. He was all that I've ever wanted. And now I've lost him too.

I don't even get why he would sleep with other girls. Why wasn't I enough for him. I can't believe he tricked me this good. Did he never love me? It all felt so real to me.