41

It looks like Alex and Kai has a great time. They laugh a lot together. Both me and Mia are watching them from far. "What do you think they are talking about" Mia says. "I hope it's not what I think it is" I say. Usually when the son of a mafia turns 18 the family usually wants him to marry. And I don't want that to happen. Alex and Kai looks back at us. We both panic and look away fast when the guys see us watching them. Well this got embarrassing.

"Sir can we get like 4 glasses of wine" I say to the waitress. He nods and runs of to get our drinks.

When our drinks arrive we chug them like water. It tastes so horrible but I want to forget whatever's going to happen next. I hope for god sake that nothing will happen and I go to bed like a normal person. I just want this to be a normal ball.

"Shit I can't stand up" Mia says. I think two glasses was a bit too much in that short amount of time. Because now I can't stand too. I hold onto the table as I stand. Shit. It's really dizzy.

"Mia common the bathroom" I say grabbing her arm and trying to lift her up. We can't embarrass us here at a mafia ball. It wouldn't look good for my brother. We both try to walk straight as we head for the girls bathroom. I think we are failing because some are looking. These heals are killing me. We throw the door open and both get inside. "Lock the door" Mia says throwing herself on the toilet to puke.

I tuck her front pieces behind her ear so it won't get in the way. "Why would we drink wine that fast. We took it like a damn shot" she says angry at herself for ruining the first ball she's ever been to. "I'm sorry I was the one who ordered the wine" I say disappointed in myself.

I try to walk past Mia but slip on her dress. I scream as I hit the floor. That hurt my back. Mia looks back at me and we both start to laugh so much it gets hard to breathe. We are now both on the floor trying to get our selfs together. "We have to sober up" I say standing up.

"Well we can't lock ourselves in here for the whole night" Mia says grabbing onto my arm and pulling herself up.
"We just have to act sober, that we can do right?" She says and I nod. I'm very sure we can't just act sober, but I refuse to lock myself in here. We both take off our shoes because I can't risk to fall. Barefoot it is from now on. My dress is long enough to cover my feet so hopefully nobody will notice.

We walk out of the bathroom acting so normal.

I bump into someone. I turn around. "Amelia" a happy Adan stands in front of me.
"No freaking way!" I yell out of happiness. I throw myself in his arms. "What are you doing here" he says hugging me tightly. I break the hug to look at him. "You showed up just in time, Mia and I are going to dance come with us" I say grabbing both Mia's and Adans hand and drag them to the dace floor. "Amelia where the fuck are your shoes" Adan says laughing at me. Then he looks at Mia who also doesn't have shoes on. "Oh I see you guys got drunk" he says.

"Maybe a little" I say then dance. I've missed Adan and I get that he had to stop talking to me because Ezra is after all his boss.
"I wanted to check on you you know" Adan says caring for me. 
"me too but I just couldn't, it reminded me too much of him" I say, and I know it sounds like an excuse but I really love the friendship Adan and I have. I regret now that I haven't reached out because he has done so much for me, seeing him here today was everything I needed. I give Adan a hug then make him dance too. "Still the same old Amelia" he says smiling. Music is playing loud and so many people are dancing. Mia grabs my hands and we start to spin in circles. Adan just laughs at us.

***

An hour passes by and I've danced like crazy. My stomach hurts from laughing.

"Amelia what are you doing" kai says grabbing my arm and pulling me away from Mia. Mia gives Kai a mad look because who grabs someone like that.