50

~Amelia~

"No I don't believe it, Adan would never hurt me" I say as tears falls down my cheeks. This is too much for me right now, I've been so overwhelmed since I woke up by school and then Ezra tells me Adan was the one who wanted me dead.

Ezra watches as I cry into my hands. "Are you sure it was him" I ask wanting it all to be a lie. Ezra answers disappointed with a nod.
Adan has always been a good friend to me that's what's making this so hard. And I can't even image how Ezra is feeling. They were after all like brothers. He must feel so betrayed.
"I really thought he cared for us." I say as Ezra walks over to me and pulls me close to him. I dig my face into his chest as I hug him tighter.
"It's ok love, give your pain to me" he says as I try to calm myself.

"How are you feeling?" I ask because this must be worse for him. They have known each other for so long. I pull away slightly to look at him. He wipes my tears away. He finds it hard to answer my question and I get it, this must be so hard for him. "I couldn't do it" he says and I look at him in confusion. "Do what?" I ask holding his hand.

He doesn't answer only gives me a disappointed look and that's enough for me to know what he meant. "No Ezra please don't blame yourself for any of it" I say grabbing his face in my hands.
"This must have been so hard on you" I say as he tries to hold back his tears. I can't believe he's been pushing his feelings away just to stay strong for me. "It just doesn't make sense, any of it, why would he want to hurt you" he says as tears fall down his cheeks.

"I don't know..." I say as I pull Ezra close to me. He puts his head on top of mine as I hug him. "We truly can't trust a lot of people huh?" I say as he nods.

"I only trust you in this mad world" he says giving me a kiss on top of my head.

***

It's been two weeks and I'm back to normal. My wound has pretty much  healed. I am graduating from school in just weeks and it's hard to believe I've gotten this far. First time I came to this house I thought my future was ruined. Who would've believed me then if I said I would be the happiest here. I truly am happy. Ezra has been planning the wedding. A real wedding can you believe it. I want something small, if possible just in our backyard. There is plenty of room there and since the weather is warm now it would be perfect. But I want to graduate first then I can focus on the wedding.

I take a quick shower then put on a towel. As I head for the closet there is a knock on the door. I put the towel back on. "Come in" I say.

Ezra is standing at the door admiring me. "I thought you were out on a meeting" I say happy to see him. He walks up to me and kisses me slowly.
"I ended it early to see you" he says smiling. God that beautiful smile making me blush.

"I love you" I say placing my arms around his neck. Ezra pulls the towel off of me and tosses it to the floor. I'm not embarrassed of myself in front of him anymore. Actually I'm comfortable in my body even my scars. His hands go to my waist pulling me close to him.
"I just took a shower" I say not wanting to get sweaty again. "It's fine I'll wash you myself after this" he says with a grin on his face. I giggle as he picks me up and throws me on the bed. Unbuttoning his shirt, revealing his muscles. This man drives me crazy.

***

"Amelia are you okey" Ezra asks from outside the bathroom. "Mhm" I say as I throw up again. I've been feeling so sick this morning. "I'm calling an doctor" Ezra says worried.

"No! I'm fine it's probably something I ate" I say not sure myself why I'm throwing up.

I brush my teeth and wash my face. Ezra is seated on the bed waiting for me. I step out as he hands me water. "I'm calling Mia she will take care of you today" he says and before I can protest he's already called her. I mean I don't complain but I don't want Mia to get sick because of me.

"Alright she's on her way, you are going rest" Ezra says seriously. He's so cute when he's worried about me. "Fine I'm not going anywhere" I say placing myself on the bed.

"I'm leaving for work but I will be checking on you the whole day, we don't want you getting sick before graduation" he says waving goodbye.

Mia arrives not long after Ezra leaves. She walks into my room with a plate of soup and bread. "How is my bestie" she asks with a smile on her face.
"I'm fine just feeling a little sick" I say.

"Ezra told me you threw up all morning" she says concerned for me. "Yeah I think it was something I ate last night." I say taking the plate from her hand and placing it on my nightstand.

"Well I'm taking care of you today" Mia says jumping in the bed beside me. We watch a movie as we eat snacks. And I realize I haven't told her about Adan.
"I have to tell you something crazy" I start. She sits up straight getting excited for a story.

I tell her the whole story about Adan and she is as shocked as I was. Her mouth is wide open not knowing what to say. "What the hell, wasn't he a nice guy!?" She says.

"Well I thought so too" I say disappointed in Adan. I really thought he was my friend but betraying me like that was so wrong. I have nothing but anger towards him now. I just hope karma gets him some day.

***

"How's she feeling?" I hear Ezra ask Mia outside our room. "She's good just a little tired" Mia answers.

"Thank you for taking care of her today" Ezra says and I'm actually so surprised he thanked her. He always seems like he hates Mia and Alex, the whole world for that matter, but he's changing.
They wave goodbye as Ezra steps inside our room. I make a happy noise stretching out my arms to reach him. He grabs my hand and I pull him in bed and kiss him all over the face. He laughs.

"Missed me I see" he says as I stop kissing him. "Not even the slightest" I say jokingly as we both laugh.
"Can we take some fresh air?" I ask since I haven't been outside today. Ezra nods standing up. I walk after him as we enter the garden. The flowers looks so beautiful here. We sit on the chairs that's placed in the garden.

I watch the flowers that has bloomed beautifully. "Aren't they gorgeous?" I say. "Mhm really is" he says as I turn to him, he's already looking at me. I blush smiling slightly. I know for sure he doesn't even like flowers and those words were for me.
Something is moving behind the bushes. Then suddenly a small head pops up between the bushes. "Oh my god! Ezra look" I say out of happiness. It's a puppy walking towards us.

"Come here puppy" I say reaching for him and picking him up. It's the cutest little boy ever. It's a German shepherd. He starts licking my face as I give it a lot of kisses too.
"Amelia it could have rabies, put that thing down" Ezra says standing up.
I roll my eyes at him. "Oh please how could this little baby be dangerous" I say as the puppy wags it's tail.

"Please can we keep him?" I ask stepping closer to Ezra.
"Absolutely not!" He says stepping back. I guess he doesn't like dogs. "Aren't you just the cutest Dex" I say giving him a lot of love.

"Amelia we are not keeping that thing, you can't name things that aren't ours" Ezra says as I put the dog down. The dog runs up to Ezra and stands on his back feet, trying to get Ezra's attention.
"Look at him, he wants you to pet him" I say smiling.

"God love, take him away from me. He can stay just over the night" he says as I jump out of happiness.
Ezra starts walking inside with hands in his pockets as Dex follows him.

We go upstairs and Ezra doesn't allow Dex on the bed so he is sleeping on the floor.

***

I wake up by a wet tongue licking my face. Dex is in the middle of us. And I realize Ezra must have bought him up here when I slept. "Awww so you do like him" I say smiling at Ezra. He shakes his head. "Absolutely not, but that thing didn't shut up for one minute the whole night so I had to bring him up on the bed" he says looking tired.

"Hey! he has a name" I say. Ezra sighs as he rubs his eyes to wake up.
Dex turns around but Ezra gives him zero attention, he just looks away then stands up to go shower.
Leaving me and Dex to play on the bed. 
Maybe not today but I know for sure this dog will win Ezra's heart.