B Rank City?

"You think we could become a B Rank City?" Asked an excited Sula.

"Not could, you will." Said Bastian.

A storm of emotion raged on inside the young maiden's mind. To her, this was big news, very big news. It was incredibly difficult to get promoted from one rank to the other. And the higher the ranks, the greater the gap in stature.

Phantasma nodded, "Yes. Yani is already at peak C Rank. Even though it is a small semi-independent vassal of the Blue Seas Alliance, it is more profitable than most of the other vassals and has powerful martial might, thanks to the efforts of Bhasera, Tanaka and Onismo. This battle will cause many casualties but it will also cause many breakthroughs. As you know, the best impetus to break through to the next sub-level of cultivation is a life-and-death battle.

The experts of the City, from teacher level to above, had started to stagnate for the past 30 or so years. This is because they could now resist the horde with minimum casualties thanks to preparation. But the downside is that the hordes posed little threat to families. Resulting in the supply of high-level experts from younger generations slowly decreasing over time. This can be seen from the fact that the two-star tournament was more popular than the 3 star.

According to my reports, only Bhasera has children who can reach the Fusion realm. Most of the younger generation of the city grew up in an environment that was too comfortable and lost the necessary blood lust and zeal for cultivation. Bhasera's children benefit as most family resources are used by the main family. But the same cannot be said for the others.

For this not to happen to his own successor, Onismo sent away his child at a very young age. She is close friends with Shasha's sister. They learn at the same Warrior Academy overseas.

After the battle is concluded I expect to see a large increase in low-level teachers and a moderate increase in mid to high-level teachers within the city. Last but not least I expect a slight chance of a Fusion realm expert or two being born.

This was the true Value of Yani City. Its status as a city is on the verge of a promotion. Sula didn't think that it could happen so soon.

The Cole family, just like Shasha and Kai, were a group sent by a larger power to infiltrate and take over Yani City. The main reason was that it was on the verge of becoming a B Rank city.

The laws of nature were very different to those of earth. On the Sovereign continent, once unclaimed land has a certain amount of cultivators at a certain level, a mandate from the heavens will come and bestow the land with incredible gifts.

Gifts such as an increase in world energy quantity and quality, the growth of rare species of plants, new daemonic beasts and precious minerals. All of which can be processed into precious materials.

Unranked Cities are made when there were at least ten thousand cultivators who swore loyalty to a cultivator. The heavens would then send down a tribulation for the group to fight. If they succeed then the leader would be given a special city management Krown. Objects needed to control cities.

A Krown can be used for many things, such as knowing the city population, building certain buildings and the like. But its functions truly open up when a city reaches B Rank.

Sula wasn't quite sure why the duo were so sure that the city would level up because there was a crucial clause that needed to be fulfilled if that was to happen.

For a space to become an Unranked city it needed 10,000 cultivars to pledge loyalty to a low-level Foundation Realm expert (student, novice).

For an Unranked City to become an E-Ranked City, 10000 low-level Foundation Realm cultivators have to pledge loyalty to a mid-level Foundation Realm cultivator.

For a Rank E City to become Rank D, 10000 mid-level Foundation Realm cultivators must pledge loyalty to a high-level Foundation Realm cultivator.

For a D-rank city to become C-rank, 10,000 high-level cultivators must pledge loyalty to a Fusion Realm Expert.

To become B Rank, 50 50,000 high-level cultivators and 3 Fusion Realm Experts must Pledge allegiance to a mid-level Fusion realm expert!

"Even if everything Phantasma said is true, we can only produce 20 thousand high-level Foundation Realm cultivators. And where on The Sovereign Continent will you find 3 fusion realm experts willing to Pledge of Allegiance to any of us? Not to mention none of us will reach mid-fusion any time soon..."

Sula's excitement dampened when reality started to settle in. Bastian chuckled but ignored her.

The latter spoke, "Phantasma, tell me the situation on the South Wall."

Sula perked up her ears. Vermalean was one person she had the most confidence in. She had grown up with the girl and knew her abilities better than anyone else.

'There is no doubt that she is doing well. She should be able to handle anything there so long as no unnecessarily powerful creatures arrive.

The Flaming Winds Army had been able to grow to a massive scale due to two reasons. Sula's talent in the art of war and Vermalaen's talent in military formations. They were both powerful cultivators with incredible histories, but it was their minds that truly set them apart from others. After all, it was not only the Coles who sent their descendants out so they could mature.

The Oxlades and Dwights had suffered greatly precisely because they did not follow such a practice. There was a reason why General Moto assumed Bastian was one of such children when he saw him because only truly powerful families that were confident in the abilities of their actions would go through such extremes for training.

Vermalaen was a classic example of such a success story.

'Vermalaen and I and both changed drastically since we left the City to create our army. And we were able to create one that could rival Kitrid's. Although they have less talent, they are battle-hardened and their loyalty has been tested. Vermalaen is a better leader than I am, so we shouldn't worry too much.

"According to my Sisters, on the South Wall, We have lost almost 70 per cent of our troops, while half of the remaining troops are injured."

Phantasma's cool and low voice was like a thunderclap from the ninth heaven in Sula's ears. She could not believe her ears. This sounded ridiculous.

"Impossible!"

Sula had noticed that Vermalaen allowed too many casualties and kept it to herself.