Chapter 66- Tino

TT CHAPTER 66

Tino

...

The hall, in which Bastian and Kenshin were being received, was near the center of the city. It was a grand, majestic structure, and likewise the buildings near it were just as grand. Next to the grand hall was a grand hotel. Within one of the hotel rooms were two gentlemen drinking wine whilst seated at a balcony. They were looking at the hall next door, with expressions so somber one would think they could see inside it. Yet strangely, if someone did think of such a thing, then that person would be correct.

"Hahahahahahaha, little Shasha has found himself some interesting companions." said one of the gentlemen. He was a tall and very masculine man. His face was rugged and facial hair covered most of his face.

"Sir Tendai, Lord Titus has reminded me to inform you that we have little time to spend fiddling around in such an area." said the other man, who looked no different from a scholar. His bearded compatriot shrugged his shoulders.

"Surely you must allow me some time to relax; after all, it is not often that I get to see such an interesting show. Besides, this time my brother is involved, I am obligated to pay attention. Bongai, surely even a man such as you has siblings? So you must understand how I feel."

Bongai could not help but feel uncomfortable, for Tendai's words were seeking empathy but his eyes were like a predator, looking at its prey.

"Those are not the eyes one has when they look at their family Sir Tendai." said Bongai in an unpleasant tone. Tendai ignored him and kept looking at the grand hall, or rather, the events occurring within.

After a while, Tendai's face grew a savage grin. "It seems my brother is in good hands. I will leave this city to these capable hands."

Bongai frowned but in the end said nothing. He knew Tendai long enough to know that once he had that expression, not even mountains can move him.

"Tino! I am leaving this city to my brother. For now, I want you and your warriors to settle in. You may reveal yourselves to light...I mean Shasha when sufficient preparations have been made. Failure is not an option. You may be dismissed." said Tendai while leisurely drinking his wine.

There didn't seem to be anyone else in the room besides Tendai and Bongai, yet his orders were met by a feminine voice so alluring it could melt the hearts of even the cruelest of men. "Yes my lord."

....

A day or two later, Bastian and Kenshin were sitting in a room at a distant location. The moment he had woken up and gathered his wits, Bastian had been told by Kenshin that he was being searched for throughout the city, thus under Kai's orders, they were to hide until the next part of the tournament began.

The Dwight and York families were sparing no expense to find Bastian. Due to Kai's presence, they could do nothing to Shasha or his household but Bastian had acted out of line. Under the unspoken rules Masters had, the Dwight and York families were allowed to take action, so long as they found Bastian.

Until the next part of the tournament took place, Bastian and Kenshin were to lay low. To improve their odds of not being found, Kenshin had even made Bastian bald, much to the latter's despair.

His eye brows had been shaved as well, producing quite the odd sight. Bastian knew that he only had himself to blame for his current predicament but it didn't help improve his mood.

Kai had kept in contact with Kenshin through means unknown to Bastian. The two were currently staying in a rented room in one of the poorest areas of the city. Without his research materials, Bastian felt like he had lost the will to live.