Chapter 19- First battle!

Chapter 19: First Battle!

...

Flip! Flip! Flip! Flip!

Bastian was very a little distressed. This sort of situation was one he did not want to be in. Although Bastian did not fear death, he did fear pain...a lot. This was also one of the reasons why he wanted to be a mage. The training regimen for warriors was often very painful and excruciating. Not to mention that he had no weapon to fight with.

The creature started moving toward Bastian, furiously intending to kill him. Bastian started back tracking, as fast as he could.

In front of him, was a massive daemon, with a nearly impenetrable exoskeleton and he was supposed to defeat it with his bare hands, a few hours after he just started cultivating.

Impossible! No way.

The only weakness these things had was their eyes. Although their bodies were not fast, their stingers were very fast. It would sting him before he even got within a meter of its eyes...and those massive pincers were not slow either.

Flip! I am going to kill V...as soon as my cultivation is high enough.

V was no fool. She knew the power these daemons had, yet she insisted on Bastian fighting. She clearly had expectations of him.

She probably wants to see the power of my bloodline.

Bastian sighed, and then he realized after some time that his foe was not catching up.

Hhmm? It cannot catch up? Even when I am back tracking? Doesn't that mean that if I went forward at full speed, it would be unable to react?

Bastian braced himself and suddenly sprinted forward at full speed. This caught the scorpion off guard. With its large and stiff body, sudden movements were difficult to react to. The distance between the two shrank to almost nothing in an instant.

Bastian struck forth with a right straight, aiming for the beast's left eye, only to be met by a pincer blocking the attack.

*Bang*

A loud sound, like two reinforced concrete walls smashing together rang out across the desert. Bastian looked at his own fist like it wasn't even his. Like it was something he had never seen before. He had struck that incredibly hard pincer at full speed, yet it barely hurt at all.

Haha! This is incredible! How is it possible for human flesh to resist such a dense material? What on earth-

Unfortunately, due to lack of experience, Bastian had forgotten what the most important rule in battle was. Never get distracted. As a result, a massive stinger with the thickness of an arm was coming straight at him.

V was worried by Bastian's error, and was about to scream, but it was too late for his entire body to get out of the way. When Bastian himself realized what was happening, his body reacted for him. His blood started pumping faster, his senses heightened themselves to the max and his mind went into overdrive. Fear can often be a weakness in battle, but for survival, it could also be one's greatest strength.

By reflex he took a stance. V thought that was a stance where his fists were supposed to block the stinger, which would be a retarded idea, but thankfully she was wrong.

Sebastian Tirius came from a family of mages, thus, he never had any training in martial arts of any kind. Bastian Smith however was different. Although he was not particular good at it, he had practiced one particular fighting style from his college days, just to keep fit...boxing