The Path of Innovation

Wilbur and Orville Wright were American inventors and pioneers of aviation. In 1903 the Wright brothers achieved one of the first flights with a powered, sustained and controlled airplane; they surpassed their own milestone two years later when they built and flew the first fully practical airplane. Before the Wright brothers invented the aeroplane, how many people believed mankind could fly?

Alexander Graham Bell is most well-known for inventing the telephone. He came to the U.S. as a teacher of the deaf and conceived the idea of 'electronic speech' while visiting his hearing-impaired mother in Canada. Before Alexander Graham Bell, long-distance communication through one's voice was a pipe dream.

Serbian-American engineer and physicist Nikola Tesla made dozens of breakthroughs in the production, transmission and application of electric power. He invented the first alternating current motor and developed AC generation and transmission technology. Tesla's discovery and application of alternating current revolutionized the world, and without it, power stations wouldn't exist and radios would not have been invented.

On Earth, calculus was used in every branch of the physical sciences, actuarial science, computer science, statistics, engineering, economics, business, medicine, demography, and in other fields wherever a problem could be mathematically modelled and an optimal solution was desired, Newtonian calculus allowed us to pass our limits launch rockets into space.

Einstein revealed the physical form of the subatomic world and allowed us to picture atoms and understand their nature through knowledge

Erwin Heisenberg and Werner Schrodinger allowed us to view the subatomic world from a mathematic point of view. Schrodinger and Heisenberg devise a quantum theory. In the 1920s, physicists were trying to apply Planck's concept of energy quanta to the atom and its constituents. By the end of the decade, Erwin Schrödinger and Werner Heisenberg had invented the new quantum theory of physics.

Inspiration had a lot to do with one's mindset, not just intelligence. Kenshin dared not say that he knew any of these men, but they were explorers. Adventurers at heart, are willing to push the envelope and question the status of their world. The Sovereign continent had Medici and the others, but they were too stuck in their ways.

'I need to be more open-minded going forward.'

Kenshin was not aware at the time, but his connection to Bastian was already changing. Bastian's bloodline was affecting him through the Soul Brethren Contract, and that change would only accelerate over time.

"Accendo. Catena. Accendo Catena. Accendo. Catena, Densio."

In quick succession, Kenshin formed the three basic shapes needed for the matrix. It was a truly marvellous spectacle. Bastian was annoyed by how easily Kenshin had created the fire using his yin flames. The silvery blue flames had a slight chill that pervaded the atmosphere.

'Bastian is capable of creating this because of the fundamental knowledge he possesses on fire and heat. Knowledge we do not possess.'

Kenshin also possessed the Fire gate. A lot of his abilities were fire-related. He had spent a lot of time mulling through Bastian's knowledge of the element.

'Fire, according to Earth Science, is the release of light and heat from an exothermic reaction. Heat and temperature are interconnected, but contrary to popular belief, they do not mean the same thing. Knowing the distinction between heat and temperature can lead to a clearer understanding of the world around us. Both heat and temperature are aspects of fire but not identical.'

As the silvery white chains of Kenshin's Medici Matrix bonded, he continued to muse over his knowledge. He had Bastian's knowledge and perspective, but he needed to see the world through his own eyes as well. His name was Taiga, not Bastian.

'The reason why the concept of heat and temperature get confused is because of how closely they are related in real life. If one adds heat to something, its temperature goes up. If one reduces temperature, one is taking its heat away.

Heat is the total energy of the motion of the molecules of a substance, whereas temperature refers to the measure of the average energy of the motions of the molecules in the substance. The heat is dependent on factors like the speed of the particles, the size of the particles and the number of particles, etc. The temperature, on the other hand, is independent of these factors.' Kenshin breathed in as he churned the World Energy in his body along a specific route in his body. He realized how important it was to fuse his perspective into the knowledge he possessed.

' To simplify I will use the imagery of a tub of water with a cup of water. The water in the tub and the cup can be at the same temperature but by virtue of the number of particles in the tub, the water in the tub has more thermal energy in it and thereby more heat even though they have the same temperature.

Temperature is a number that relates to the energy possessed by the molecules of a substance, which directly relates to the kinetic energy possessed by the particles of the substance. The SI Unit of temperature is Kelvin. As we said earlier, the temperature is directly related to the kinetic energy of the molecules, therefore if one doubles the temperature (Kelvin) of a substance, one doubles the average kinetic energy possessed by those molecules.'

Bastian's air, humidity and heat sensitivity made him especially aware of how dangerous that flame was. He carefully observed it, before sighing in relief after seeing the stable forms of the silvery blue chains.

Bastian was only 90% confident that he could create a stable Medici Matrix using yin flames. And his confidence in his crazy idea was only about 70, but it was still worth trying. The Mark Bearer issue was still a problem. Soon Bastian knew he would be hunted down by Mark Bearers and their many custodians. He knew that he had been chosen late, which was a large disadvantage because true Mark Bearers were now a rarity while most had already become candidates or custodians like Vee.