Chapter 21- Perfect Execution!

Chapter 21: Perfect Execution!

...

Martial techniques were also divided into different categories. These were defensive, offensive, support and movement. The most expensive were the defensive and movement skills, particularly because they directly increased one's chances of survival. Offensive skills were also quite expensive, these skills directly damaged one's opponent.

Support martial techniques or skills were the cheapest or the most common. They were the kind that either fitted in none of the other three categories or were in more than one. In general, it was well known that the more uses a martial skill had, the less potent it was in one particular area.

It was considered worthwhile for one to have at least three skills, which were specialized in one particular field, especially the one that had aspects from all the three. Of all the four types of skills, movement techniques were the rarest and the most difficult to comprehend. They required complex use of qi and a lot of technique to use.

The martial technique that Bastian was planning to use was called Vector Steps. It was a support skill that focused more on movement, and it supplemented speed and strength, making it partially an offensive skill as well.

Vector Steps was technically a support skill, but it could easily qualify as a top class movement skill, at least to Bastian's standards anyway. It was an attributeless technique, which meant that anyone with any type of an attribute could use it. Attributeless martial techniques were also very cheap and common. This was so because they did not pack the punch an element had.

Every element had its own specialty. For example, earth martial skills often improved strength. This meant that attributeless techniques were usually less powerful. Yet Bastian was baffled.

Vector Steps was an attributeless support technique. According to martial technique common sense, it was the lowest of the low in terms of caliber. Yet Bastian could tell that this was a very powerful technique, one that required good use of forces. Bastian knew that he would only be able to use this technique due to his awakened bloodline. Otherwise he would not be able to master this technique, let alone use it instantly.

The technique also required one to be a middle disciple at least and even then, one could only use it for less than a minute, since it used up quite a bit of yuan. Bastian was a quick thinker and he could easily economize his time. He had already decided on how to deal with these scorpions.

After flexing and jumping for a moment, he sprinted straight toward the scorpion group; they could sense that they had been compromised, so they started coming out of the ground one by one, in an orderly file. The first being the one closest to Bastian, which was at that particular moment only 30 meters away.

Bastian had managed to catch them off guard, preventing them from using their usual attack pattern.

Bastian took this opportunity and started weaving from side to side as he ran, his fists were guarding his face and his eyes were focused. With his elbows in, shoulders tucked, and knees bent, he started weaving in an eight figure shape, whilst going forward.

The moment the first scorpion was fully exposed above ground, the second one was just about to appear, that was when Bastian activated his Vector Steps. Qi started moving along certain paths in his body. Bastian's senses heightened temporarily, his brain started to think at a faster pace, to such an extent that time seemed to slow down a little bit.

V saw Bastian's strange posture and weaving motions. She silently observed and her curiosity was piqued. Then just when Bastian was only a few meters away from the scorpion, his silhouette flashed.