Chapter 83- The Power of a Mage

Chapter 83

The Power of a Mage

...

Although both had hit opposite ends of the arena, the crowd believed that Bastian had gotten the advantage in that exchange, due to the fact that the girl had impacted the wall first and the fact that she had been blown off her feet.

Bastian also believed that she was only pretending to not be affected.

I have to commend her fortitude. Not many fighters can receive that and remain conscious, let alone live. Even if it was me who had been hit by that, I would be out of this match.

Yet the girl stubbornly walked on. Suddenly she stooped. She lifted up her arms slowly, Bastian thought that this was due to the damage she had given him, then she whispered something, Bastian also thought that her internal damage was so bad that she could barely move. Then her seemingly shaky hands formed into a seal.

Kenshin had told Bastian to only use e-vision at certain moments because he didn't want Bastian to be overly reliant on it. One of the moments he was allowed to use it however, was when an opponent made seals. Bastian immediately activated e-vision, only to be met with an inexplicable situation.

A line of qi was stretching from the girl's body to Bastian's right hand. It was only after activating e-vision that Bastian noticed this qi. He immediately used his Soul Force to see if he could get it off.

This...this isn't qi! It has some mana mixed into it as well! This woman is a specialist!

In the world of cultivation, beings that could mix mana and qi were referred to as specialists, and were feared due to the fact that they had far more abilities than the average mage or warriors. Protocol for fighting specialists was quite different from when fighting normal opponents, and required actions that were suited to counter what specialists were infamous for.

Unfortunately Bastian realized this fact too late.

She didn't raise her arms slowly because she was weak; she was slow because she was fusing mana and qi! She didn't whisper because she was injured, she whispered because she was using an incantation! This woman, she led me on!

Bang!

With a loud noise, Bastian crashed into the ground. The crowd could not understand what happened, one moment he was up, and the next he was down. Only Bastian knew what had happened. He was on all fours and tried to stand up, only for it to be futile. He pulled at it with all his might but to no avail. To others it seemed as if his right hand was stuck to the ground. But only Bastian knew what had truly happened.

This woman can control gravity!

Bastian's inner voice was screaming in despair when he realized this. Others would not have reached the same conclusion as him; after all, there were other possible conclusions such as the brown qi covering his arm being heavy. Yet Bastian had the awakened the bloodline of a beast that inherently manipulated forces, gravity of course being one of them.

Bastian could tell that the brown qi covering his arm had made his arm much heavier than normal. To the point where he couldn't even lift it up. The qi itself was not heavy, but it distorted the gravitational field around Bastian's arm. The crowd was enamored by the contest, much so in fact that many had almost forgotten to breathe. The air was heavy, the atmosphere was intense, and the contestants were both nothing to scoff at. To viewers nothing was more entertaining than two opponents that were evenly matched.

Heavy Flash wasn't being polite either, just as her name said, she ran straight toward Bastian with incredible speed, with the intent of finishing him off. However, was he not Bastian, the Tempest Monk, a wind mage of incredible combat prowess?