Chapter 24- Kai and his Master

Chapter 24 -Kai and his Master

...

In a private room, a person was seated on a lavish chair, behind that person stood a middle aged man.

The person seated on the chair was wearing lavish robes, where as the man who was standing was dressed in simple robes.

In front of the duo was the view of an arena. Inside the arena were shackled slaves, each going toward the wall choosing a weapon.

The person seated in the chair was quite young. He was a teenager who had just entered youth.

He sat there nervously, gazing at the vicious looking men below.

"Kai, are you sure they can't see us?" said the young man nervously.

"Young master, rest assured that they cannot see us. A formation had been placed above their heads, so all they would be able to see is a roof. Adding on to the fact that their cultivation had been sealed, I can guarantee that no harm can come to you." said Kai as he laughed.

One look at the two and it was clear what kind of relationship they had. They were a servant and his Master. The duo had come to observe a twin rumble fight for the first time. It had been Kai's suggestion.

The young master was bored at home so he had suggested that they come and see the battles here.

At first his Master had objected. The young lad was by nature a coward, one that would faint at the mere sight of blood in the past. Although that no longer occurred, traces of fear were still evident whenever he saw blood.

One of the reasons why Kai had recommended coming here to his Master was to help him overcome his cowardice.

Kai surmised that if his Master saw enough battles, there would eventually come a time when he would no longer fear blood.

The young man understood the importance of such an endeavor, thus he did not oppose the idea for too long of a time.

Not to mention that there was another crucial matter that required their attention, one that could be solved if they were fortunate enough.

"Kai which one did you bring me here to inspect?" said the young man.

"The large bald man who is holding a large saber, he is standing over there." said Kai as he pointed to Tate.

"He and his partner have quite a reputation. He is known as Tate the Smiter and his partner is known as Yahd the Executioner. They are undefeated this year and have near perfect teamwork." Continued Kai

The young man furrowed his brow "If they are so incredible, why has no one bought them then?" questioned the young man.

"The arena is refusing to sell them for some odd reason. I came here with the hope of negotiating with the owners of the arena. If we are going to get into the league, then we need warriors with potential." said Kai.

"But they look old." protested the young man.

"Another way of looking at it is that they are experienced. To be honest young master, with our resources, I don't think we can afford better slaves, especially after what you did earlier." said Kai with a sigh.

The young man felt guilty after remembering what had happened.

When they arrived at the arena earlier on, the young man had requested to look at the so called blind disaster. The blind disaster was actually a slave that was given to him by his clan.

He had never seen him before but he knew how infamous he was.

Due to the blind disaster's unique circumstances, the young man could not bring him home. Thus, he had never taken an Interest in visiting him. That day however, they had come to observe the twin rumble here, so he decided to see for himself what his property looked like.