Chapter 96- Betting Against The Divine, Maita!

Author's Note: this chapter and the next were sponsored by Stuart! Thank you for your support!

Chapter 96

Betting Against The Divine, Maita!

...

It was finally the day for the final of the two star tournament of the Elite Gladiator League. Thousands appeared in the arena to see the battle between Yani City's finest warriors. It was a rare opportunity for both normal mortals and cultivators. More skilled cultivators could even use this as an opportunity to improve their own skills, so they watched these fights intently.

Kenshin and Co were sitting comfortably in a VIP booth. Kenshin had already won the three star tournament, bringing the Shasha household quite a bit of money, allowing them to spend lavishly, not to mention that one of the participants in this final belonged to them.

It must not be forgotten that these warriors or gladiators were still slaves at the end of the day and they had owners. The victory would not just belong to the warrior, but to his owners as well.

Bastian was already sitting cross legged in the center of the arena, ready for battle. He was wearing pants and his upper body was naked, He had his trusty blue and red gauntlets with him.

After they had left the Tyson household a few days before, Bastian had requested to go into secluded meditation for a few days in preparation for this battle. This was not uncommon for cultivators, especially before an important battle, but it was odd for Bastian. The others were not aware of why, but Kenshin did. Bastian had the ability to cultivate when standing. Every moment of every day, be it when he is eating, sleeping, sitting, his harmonized energy would be coursing through his vessels in the form of a taiji continuously refining his yuan.

Sitting cross legged, only slightly sped up the process for Bastian, whereas most cultivators could not cultivate unless they were sitting in a certain posture while concentrating.

What did befuddle Kenshin was why Bastian needed the time, it wasn't until Bastian came out of meditation that the others understood. Bastian had become an upper acolyte! He had used his meditation to break through to the final level of an acolyte in preparation for his battle. The others had nodded in approval, but Kenshin had still been confused.

Bastian was nowhere near a breakthrough, how did he level up so fast?

Kenshin, being the prideful man he was, refused to ask, and Bastian, being the spiteful man he was, kept it to himself, much to the former's chagrin. Bastian had arrived at the arena first. When he learned that his opponent had not yet arrived, he simply sat down and started to meditate. It was as if he had no worry in the world.

As far as the crowd was concerned, there was no suspense to this battle, because Bastian's opponent was the winner of the previous two star tournament, and the winner of the one star tournament before that, Divine Spear Maita!

Maita was without a doubt the favorite for this tournament. He had defeated all of his opponents in one move, cutting through them like a hot knife through butter.

He was not even a Teacher, but his fame as a prodigy in the ways of the spear had earned him a reputation that would not lose out to the top five warriors of Yani City. It was even believed that once he became a Teacher, it was only a matter of months if not weeks before he burst into the upper echelons of the city's strongest.

Bastian had not even bothered to watch any of Maita's matches, simply to give himself a tougher challenge. As far as Kenshin was concerned, if he was unable to win a tournament like this in such a backwater city, then he had no right to be a Mark Bearer.