Chapter 11- Freaks of Nature

They sat on the cold, hard dungeon floor, neither one spoke a word. Struck by the gripping disdain of a failed plan, the just allowed the silence to prevail. V was annoyed. Although the situation was dire, she was only annoyed by the turn of events.

Due to her upbringing, she had a very strong mentality, so she still had a good head on her shoulders. Bastian was thinking, trying to come up with a plan, he had no idea what they should do, but he didn't let that faze him.

Bastian was a scientist in his previous life. He was used to constantly trying to solve problems. Added to that is the fact that he had already accepted death in his previous life. As a result, his mind had the fortitude of two souls. It was not strange at all that he was calm.

He wasn't afraid of death, nor was he afraid of capture. He simply wanted to enjoy his new life as much as possible.

During his moments of thinking about cultivation, Bastian had an idea.

"I can control the flakes around me; can't I do the same around others?"

This idea came randomly, but it firmly planted itself in his mind.

Soul Force and energy sensitivity played a huge part in one's ability to absorb World Energy. Bastian had a lot of both. Not to mention he could practically see the energy itself, which he was confident, should not be possible.

If he did have the ability to manipulate energy belonging to others, he would have a huge advantage. There was only one issue.

Now in the dungeon, Bastian decided to resolve it.

"V, what elemental affinities do you have? Also mention how strong they are."

V frowned at Bastian's question.

"What does that have to do with our current situation?"

Bastian could only control fire and water energies. He didn't know what elemental affinities V had because she was always wearing enchanted shackles. This prevented her from cultivating any World Energy whatsoever, so it was never around her.

"Just answer my question, this is very important. If your answer is what I am hoping for, we could get out of this problem." Bastian's face was very serious as he spoke.

V knew him well enough to know that this was not a joke.

"I have 3 affinities, fire, metal and earth. I have a perfect affinity for metal and an excellent affinity for both fire and earth."

Bastian was stunned. Three elements! She had an affinity for 3 elements! This was a once in a lifetime prodigy! And they were all excellent and above.

Kingdoms would destroy each other over such a prodigy.

The inkume truly deserve their reputation.

Bastian shivered at the thought of what she would become in the future but this was good. At least there was a chance that he could control her fire energy.

Bastian calmed his mind and focused. He asked V to give him her hands. Although confused, she obliged, curious to see what he would do.

Bastian activated his e-vision. As usual no flakes were near her. Most of the fire flakes however were around Bastian.

After attempting to cultivate, Bastian realized something. Whenever he attempted to take in world energy, some invisible force would cover a flake completely. It would then carry it towards Bastian.

Bastian guessed that this was power from one's soul, because this force gave him the same vibe as that he had experienced during the Soul Sworn ritual. That ritual was powered by the Meister's soul, so no mana or qi was required.