Chapter 26- Putting Your Foot Down

Chapter 26: Putting Your Foot Down

....

Bastian was ripped. First the baldy and his companion had finished all of the available prey. Now the white haired freak had killed the giant's companion. This was bad.

It was quite clear that the giant and his partner were at a higher tier than the rest; therefore Bastian figured he could replace quantity with quality. The giant was big and strong, while his companion was fast, accurate and agile. They complimented each other and covered up the other's weakness

Bastian was positive that facing both of them would be quite the challenge, after seeing the massacre they had just done. Yet now one was dead, which significantly lowered the difficulty.

At first Bastian was intimidated by the giant, but after seeing him in action those thoughts faded.

Bastian knew he could easily defeat such a slow target, so his anger toward the white haired boy got serious.

After pounding him into the ground and declaring his stance, Bastian looked at the white haired boy's face, to see his work. The gauntlets he was wearing were incredibly hard, and they had virtually deformed the white haired boy's face.

Bastian couldn't care less about whether or not they were partners, so he felt no pity for the freak.

That is what happens when you attack me first.

In fact, Bastian was surprised that he didn't do more damage. He had expected that to at least turn the freak's head into mush.

"Hhmm?"

Upon closer inspection of the freak's head, Bastian noticed something.

His head is repairing itself!

The white haired boy's head was repairing itself at a speed visible to the naked eye. Such a thing should not have been possible, considering that everyone's cultivation had been sealed.

Not to mention spells, techniques or objects that could repair someone so quickly were not cheap.

"What the heck are you!" shouted Bastian as he kicked the white haired boy's body.

"Wait, young warrior stop! Don't touch him!" shouted the giant but it was too late. As soon as Bastian's foot made contact with the freak's head, a strange soul like energy rushed into Bastian's body. The energy was composed of many parts, each part sharp and deadly like a needle.

Bastian panicked. These shackles completely of restricting Soul Force, preventing you from using it, so Bastian had no means of defending himself, or so he thought.

Somehow the moment the needle like energy entered his body, the effect the shackles had on Bastian's body disappeared. By reflex, Bastian's Soul Force attacked the needle like energy.

The energy was like a swarm of a thousand needles, each rotating fiercely. Usually a person's Soul force would be like a rock. Easily penetrated by the thousands of needles and destroyed.

Unfortunately, this swarm of needles was not facing a rock, it was now facing a mountain!

Bastian's Soul Force immediately crushed the invaders, without leaving a single trace of energy.

This may have taken time to describe, but it took less than a second to occur.

As soon as Bastian retracted his foot, he looked at the white haired boy and frowned. After thinking for a few seconds he kicked the boy again, only to have the same thing occur. The energy would rush into Bastian's body and Bastian's Soul Force would crush it.