Chapter 102 - Humiliation

"I assure you that our expert will not disappoint this city. You have my word." Said Tyson with a smirk. His confident demeanor made Khama very uncomfortable, not to mention no who knew how powerful this so called 'expert'. Humans will always fear the unknown, and Khama was no exception to this rule.

"Very well then, let us make plans on how to deal with the southern wall issue. Anyone have any ideas?"

The room quieted down at Bhasera's question. No one had the courage to mention what they thought, not to mention only a handful of people had the authority to speak at this moment. After some thought, Khama grinned slyly and came up with a proposal.

"As we all know the Cole family is considered one of the four great families of Yani City, yet they have never made any great contributions to this city regarding the horde."

Tyson could not help but frown, "Khama, what are you getting at.?"

Khama could not help but rub his belly in excitement, "It's quite simple really. The Dwight, Oxlade and York families have defended this city from the horde for generations. The Cole family on the other hand has barely suffered any loses. Thus would this not be a good time to test the loyalty of the Cole family in our great city's time of need?"

A glint of understanding passed through Bhasera's eyes as he pulled his beard in thought. Khama then continued, "What if we were to leave the south wall to the Cole family. I am sure that your private army would be up to the task. Not to mention you have more than enough finances to hire mercenaries to assist you."

Tyson was about to interject but was beaten to it by Onismo. "It would certainly help, not to mention this is an opportunity to show your family's might and loyalty to the city."

Tyson started to quake with anger. This was a blunt attempt to put him into a corner! It was well known that the Cole family's greatest advantage was the fact that little was known about their background and their resources. If they were to do this then they would have to put everything they have out into the open! Not to mention that the Cole estate would be left unguarded. If the city knew what they were up to underground the results would be catastrophic.

"If you lack money, my Oxlade family will lend you some."

"My York family will also lend you some troops to assist if you lack numbers."

Onismo and Khama quickly took this opportunity to cut off any escape routes Tyson had left. It was up to Bhasera to put the final nail on the coffin.

"Then it is settled. As per city law, during times of war, I as the mayor have complete control of the city. I hereby place it under martial law and command the Cole family to defend the southern wall at any cost. The Oxlade family will assist financially while the York family with assist with manpower. As for the matter regarding the two star creature, we will have to push it aside and deal with it later. Right now we can only deal with each matter as they come. Further communications will be done via spells. General Onismo, you have complete control of the city's forces and are given permission to do as you wish. I will lead the Fusion Realm experts when the time is right.Meeting adjourned!"

Without giving Tyson any time to give input, Bhasera slammed his fist on the table and stood up, walking away briskly. Onismo, Khama and a few High Elders followed closely behind. Leaving behind a few High Elders from the Cole family, plus an angry and humiliated Tyson, slumping in his seat. He quickly massaged his temples, thinking of the troubles that followed.

...

Some minutes later, Tyson, Kenshin, Sula and Bastian were meeting in Tyson's office. Bastian and co had been informed on what had happened during the elder meeting.

Bastian and Tyson had been communicating ever since the duo last met and had an understanding of each other's circumstances. Thus Bastian was not surprised, only impressed.

"Those foolish old bastards!"

Sula slammed the desk in the office as soon as her anger reached its limit. She was fuming, and Tyson expected such a reaction from her. Hr didn't even calm her down, and let her spew profanities until she was done. Kenshin was as active as a stone statue while Bastian was munching on snacks, enjoying the show.

Once Sula calmed down somewhat, she noticed how Bastian was looking at her and got infuriated once again, pointing a finger at him.

"What are you looking at?"

"You." Said Bastian with his mouth full. He continued munching away, resulting in a crunching sound that echoed throughout the room.

"You think this is funny? You think we have time for your stupid antics? My brother just got humiliated and thrown to the wolves, and as his ally all you can do is stand there mocking me?" Sula slowly walked toward Bastian as she talked in a deep tone that was unusual for a woman who seemed as delicate as she was.

Bastian opened his mouth, threw in a snack and said, "Yes. No, No."

Sula was confused, "What is that supposed to mean?"

Bastian coughed, and threw away the snacks he was eating. "Yes I do think it is funny. Very amusing actually. No we don't have time for antics, but the one performing the time wasting antics is you, not I. No I did not mock you, but I certainly can. I do have a request, and I will inform you of it, once you calm down and focus on what's important."

"What might that be? Hmm?" Sula put her face right in front of Bastian, in direct confrontation of the latter. Bastian's response made her cool down a bit. "My request is simple, focus on the problem that is dire, instead of the problem that angers you. Its inefficient."