Chapter 29-A Hint of Hope

CHAPTER 29: A Hint of Hope

.....

As soon as Bastian had finished his words, the light in Tate's eyes had dimmed. Bastian let go of the giant, allowing the body to fall lifelessly to the ground.

Bastian walked away from the corpse and looked at his bloody hands.

Nope. Don't feel anything.

Bastian had thought that perhaps after taking his first human life, he would feel something. But the opposite occurred. He felt nothing.

Meh, it's actually a good thing. This will make my life easier. Speaking of my life, why did the giant know I was strong?

Never mind that, he's already dead. I have bigger fish to fry.

Bastian looked at the unconscious white haired boy. He truly pitied him and wanted to assist him. After a few moments, an opening suddenly appeared by the wall, with armored guards walking out.

...

Bastian was told to carry the white haired boy out of the arena as they were being led to their cells. Bastian was surprised to learn that he and the white haired boy shared the same cell.

This makes my plans much easier.

The duo was locked into their cells and the guards walked away in haste. Bastian noticed that they were quite nervous. At first, he thought it was because he was imposing, but after looking at his unconscious counterpart, he quickly realized what they were truly afraid of. The cells only had brick walls at the back, while the other three sides had bars, allowing Bastian to see the cells around him. To his surprise, all the cells nearby were completely empty.

Well, this is convenient. At least at this moment, I can concentrate on the matter at hand.

Like any scientist, Bastian worked best without distractions. He intended to help the white haired boy not only out of kindness, but because he felt this endeavor would help him understand Soul Force more.

At heart Bastian was a scholar. To him knowledge was of the utmost importance.

"Alright then, let's begin," said Bastian as he cracked his knuckles.

...

In a booth within the arena sat two people, one was an attractive woman with a Mohawk, who had an exposed arm covered in tattoos. The other was a middle aged man dressed in simple grey robes. The man was actually quite dirty, to the point where he could easily be mistaken for a beggar.

"So Miss Owami, what do you think?" said the dirty man with a smug grin.

The attractive woman referred to as Owami merely pouted in response and said nothing. The dirty man shook his head and continued on, "The facts are there, there are no doubts that this is a Karmic King."

"What facts? All he did was beat up trash with a slightly less trashy body." said Owami unhappily.

The dirty man sighed and said, "ok, let's recount the first startling facts:

He achieved harmonization even though he had a supreme affinity for both the fire and water elements.

He accidentally achieved a Bloodline Awakening without the use of any tools or prior instruction.

His Bloodline Awakening was of the highest class possible. His soul is immune to any form of spiritual attacks, including mine. He found an Inkume and befriended her.

He was personally selected by my Master to be a Mark Bearer.

He went from 2 Claws to 5 Claws within the span of a few months...the list goes on.