Chapter 4- Are You a Mark Bearer or Not?

Bastian's mind was in chaos. Too many things had happened in such a short period of time. He hadn't had enough time to adjust. First he had reincarnated into another person's body, then he learned that he was in another world, and then he realized he was part of some weird inheritance game. Now to top it all off, he is now being sold as a slave

Bastian could not help but mentally sigh at these events. In his past life he was a terminally sick person. He had had time to mentally prepare for death. Fate however played a trick on him, placing him in a situation where he, a man who was even prepared for death, felt miserable.

Well when life throws you lemons...

Bastian quickly accepted his fate and decided to run with his new identity. Since he already had the memories belonging to the body's original owner, Sebastian Tirius, he would not have a hard time adjusting.

Sebastian Tirius was a noble whose family originated from the Southern Grasslands. Just as Ben surmised, the boy had been discovered to have no talent in cultivation, so he was exiled, with some of the family's servants leaving with him.

Since he was merely a child, his servants controlled every aspect of his life, deciding to move to one of the sub regions bordering the Western Deserts and the Southern Grasslands.

Sebastian's family was very rich and powerful, even by the entire continent's standards; therefore their servants were also very skilled in many areas. Cultivation being one of them, creating a minor kingdom in such a poor and chaotic sub region, was as simple as child's play for Sebastian's servants.

They placed their master as king but took care of all official duties, allowing Sebastian to lead a carefree and simple life. Unfortunately, Sebastian not only lacked talent in cultivation, but he was also very gullible. Due to his rather spoilt and carefree upbringing, Sebastian wasn't intelligent and completely gave power to his servants, who had now also become his vassals.

One of his most trusted vassals tricked him into going out of the safety of his country. Sebastian being the carefree boy he was only brought a few weak guards with him. Immediately after he had left the sub region, entering the Great Deserts of Shandelar, Sebastian was attacked by assassins.

After reviewing the boy's memories, Bastian concluded that it was the vassal who tricked him into leaving the country who sent the assassins. Luckily for the boy, the huge dragon bombarded the battlefield.

Although Bastian had taken over the body, he could still feel the soul of the boy within him. Or rather it was now a part of him. Due to some circumstances unbeknownst to Bastian, he had been able to absorb the boy's soul. Making it part of his own.

Bastian could feel a slight change in his thought process because of this. Although Bastian had taken over, traces of Sebastian were still in Bastian's subconscious.

Bastian decided to live as Sebastian Tirius from this day forth. Since he had already cut ties with his previous life, he had no problems doing this. He had no intention of going back to Earth, because this world also felt like home to him, due to Sebastian's influence of course.

He quite liked the idea of being a king, and had every intention of making it back to his own kingdom. The question was how he would do it, especially considering he was going to be sold as a slave.

Since he had already experienced death, not to mention he had the mental fortitude from two lives, Bastian was very calm after adjusting himself. As for the whole mark bearer thing, he would deal with that later.