Chapter 18- Bloodlines

TT Chapter 18: Bloodlines

...

Bloodline Awakening, one of the least understood phenomenon on the path to cultivation. There are many theories explaining what it is or how it came to be. Some theories suggest that humans are the descendants of gods or powerful beings, and that part of their divine power could be awakened, giving one, extraordinary strength. This was the most accepted theory. Others state that it was a random mutation that gave one a boost in strength.

Despite the different theories, everyone still came to the same conclusion. If one had awakened a bloodline, then one's strength would increase by leaps and bounds! It also provided many benefits, depending on what bloodline one has aroused.

One person has the potential to awaken lots of bloodlines, as procreation is the combination and fusion of multiple gene pools, but once you have awakened a bloodline, you can't awaken another. Most awaken relatively weak bloodlines, some awaken stronger ones. The strength of your bloodline is roughly determined by the might of the apparition that appears at the moment of your awakening.

The more tangible and greater the aura of the apparition, the mightier the bloodline one had awakened. These apparitions were also the beings from which the bloodline originated from.

Take for example Bastian. His bloodline originated from that massive two headed dragon. Its aura and size were so ridiculous, so much so that V almost lost her sanity, despite having an incredibly fortified mind. Just one claw from the dragon was able to blot out the sun!

This was clearly an extremely powerful bloodline. Another sign of its might were the changes made to Bastian's appearance. The changes that occur to one who has awakened a bloodline, depend more on how much of the bloodline was awakened, rather than the strength of the bloodline itself, however both points still factor in at the end of the day.

For example, two people could awaken the same bloodline, but one would be able to awaken more than the other. The one who awakens more would have more strength, and would have their body further enhanced to the point where their physical appearance was altered, just like Bastian.

V stood there with a frown on her face. That was the kind of frown she always had when she got a surprise. She did not like surprises. "What's the name of your bloodline?"

When one awakens a bloodline, especially a strong one, they would usually receive information with it. Usually it would be just a name and some properties of the bloodline. As your cultivation increased one would gain more information. Yet Bastian's bloodline came with a martial technique! A high class one at that!

What information will he receive if his cultivation increases?

V trembled at the thought.

Bastian showed a pondering expression on his face. He had received too much information at one time, so he was still busy trying to sort it out. After a while, he breathed in deeply and sighed. "Tyrian Double Headed Storm Dragon. Ever heard of it?" asked Bastian.

V shook her head. The less powerful bloodlines were much easier to awaken. The more common and well known they were, the easier they were to awaken. Thus the general consensus was that unknown bloodlines are powerful.

V came from the Inkume, a tribe that had been in existence for thousands of years. Although information had been lost to the sands of time, they still had far more knowledge than almost all other groups on the sovereign continent. V had been educated by some of their most knowledgeable scholars, yet she had never heard of such a bloodline.

If even my tribe has not heard of it, who has?

When she connected the dots together, she started breaking into a cold sweat, an unknown bloodline, with an extremely large apparition, so big that its footprint was the size of a small country.