Chapter 32- Who Is It?

TT CHAPTER 32

Who Is It?

...

Minister Sky was a simple man. He had little ambition and was very comfortable with his life. Having a position in the imperial court, one could even say he was high ranking. Well at least compared to most.

Amongst his colleagues, he was quite pitiful. He was usually mocked and scorned. Due to his low rank and his simple way of doing things, he did not mind. He was quite happy with living out his days the way they were.

This was Coiling Dragon City, a monolith that controlled countless lands. It was run by the imperial court, which was composed of Ministers.

These Ministers each had a role to play in the running of the city. Minister Sky's role was sanitation. It was his role to make sure that the city was clean.

The citizens of the city were not ordinary beings. They were all special, and were naturally clean. In other words Minister Sky and his department had little to do. Which is why no faction desired him to be replaced even though he is lazy and simple minded.

The court was split into two factions. Each faction led by a powerful and important Minister. These two factions constantly fought each other for control over the court. The Emperor was a very relaxed and lazy ruler. He did not even care about what was happening in the court.

Rebellion, due to certain circumstances, was completely out of the question. So the Emperor had no need to monitor his court.

Nonetheless, someone had to run the city. Due to the Emperors inactivity, if one ran the court, one would then also run the city and all its lands.

The two great factions were usually even in terms of power but at this particular time, one faction had taken the lead. It was the faction led by Minister Titus. He was a ruthless and spiteful man, but he was also powerful and very clever. The other faction was led by Minister Candreva. She was a wise and reserved woman, and she had a lot of backers to support her, though unfortunately for her, a certain event had tipped the scales in Titus' favor.

Not every Minister was part of a faction; some Ministers like Sky were not wanted by either faction.

Sky actually preferred it that way, because it meant less hassles. Odds were, things were going to continue that way, until one day a messenger came to his office to deliver some news.

The news was that a meeting of investors had been convened.

This was welcome news to his normally mundane day. These meetings were not mandatory, so only a few Ministers would attend them. Usually, it was those Ministers like Sky who were bored or those who wanted to try their luck and catch the eye of a faction.

Sky dressed up for the meeting and got into his carriage, heading straight to the highest level of the city, the level that housed the palace.

Due to the unique structure of the city, a need to move vertically led to winged creatures pulling the carriages.

Sky was not that rich, so he could only afford a wyvern to pull his carriage. On the Sovereign Continent, any creature with the bloodline of a dragon would strike fear into the hearts of many but in this city, such creatures were powerless as ants.

After landing his carriage on the highest level, Sky got of his carriage and headed straight for the doors to the palace.

Looking to his side, he saw carriages that were far more impressive than his, some being so large that they needed to be pulled by a team of golden clawed dragons.