Chapter 17- The Empyrean Equilibrium Void Shattering Fist!

Chapter 17 -The Empyrean Equilibrium Void Shattering Fist!

...

To be more precise, what Bastian could see was the heel of the footprint.

Mother-F.....of my future children! What the heck is this?!

Bastian had reached the maximum height he could, so he started to fall. As he fell, he felt very comfortable. He never did have a fear of heights, and in this situation, he knew V would catch him, or do something, so he was relaxed.

The image of the giant footprint only lingered in his mind for a little bit, before it was replaced by a feeling of Deja vu. Bastian had never free fallen before in his previous life, nor had he done anything similar to this one.

Yet, there was something about the wind brushing against his skin, the incredible force of air resistance, and the bird's eye view that felt so familiar to him. This sense of familiarity brought Bastian into a trance like state. He was semi-conscious of his actions, but he let the feeling take over him, because it felt good. Because it felt right!

Time seemed to slow down; Bastian's senses tuned themselves to the max. His mind and body started working at a much faster rate than usual in most aspects, including his brain.

For the first time, an energy Bastian had never felt before coursed through his body, this was not world energy, no, this energy was produced by his own body. It felt like an extension of him, like he was basking in an illusory sea of his own making.

The energy was little at first, but the longer he fell, the more energy he got. At some point in time, World Energy started rushing into his body, as if some sort of a dam had collapsed. This World Energy was in perfect harmony, in the form of the taijitu. It entered his body, circulated once according to the path that it had first chosen before, and then it was absorbed by Bastian's body, becoming that new energy.

This new energy was also in perfect harmony. It was a balance of 2 affinities and two energies. The four forces split into their two groups. One group was a balance between fire and water. The other was a balance between two diametrically opposing but complimentary energies.

Although Bastian was semi-conscious, he was well aware of what was occurring in his body. He was also surprised to find that every time world energy passed through his brain, new information would become accessible to him. The first batch of knowledge was of the energies that were in his body.

These energies were both mana and qi! Together, in his body, Bastian had managed to harmonize the two!

Such a thing was ridiculous, yet here it was, in his body!

It must be known that mana and qi were different. They were energies that could never mix. Just as how water and oil can't mix, even if they are both liquids.

There is always a boundary between them, isolating one from the other. Yet in Bastian's body, upended the influence of the principle of yin and yang, they had fused!

That's when Bastian had a sudden realization.

All mana has a bit of qi, and all qi had a bit of mana. They were never meant to be separate, but were two parts of a whole!

This enlightenment hit Bastian like lightning from the ninth heaven. Fusing the two wasn't possible in the past because of many reasons but at that moment, due to Bastian's new unique constitution and his knowledge of the taijitu, he had understood what the origins of the energies were!

This new energy was neither qi, nor was it mana. Its name was deep in Bastian's mind, so he had to pull it out of the back of his mind.

This energy was called yuan!