Purpose of the Nine Mountains: A Mother's Touch

The nine mountains played a similar but slightly different role to the pagoda. While the pagoda dealt with the metaphysical, the mountains dealt with the world of matter and matrices.

The pagoda layers were meant to be vessels for bloodlines and metaphysical creatures, But the mountains were hosts to objects, creatures and powerful matrices. To put it simply, they. were meant to house powers within, then slowly fuse those powers into their hosts. In this case, these hosts were Kenshin and Bastian. In other words.

"Picture this bro. We manage to find a powerful object, spell matrix or living creature we can absorb in some way, we trap it in the mountains, then we assimilate it with our area, making it permanently part of our bloodlines and three states of existence."

Kenshin shivered because he knew what this meant, it meant that they could fuse multiple powers and create a new bloodline through external sources!

" As you know, 3 mountains for yin, 3 for yang, 3 for neutral. Three for spells, three for creatures, and three for objects. To have a matrix placed in the mountains, it has to be part of one's body, like that."

Kenshin's attention was pulled by Bastian's words to the savanna, for he knew what was coming . In the skies above the crystal mountain, a new visitor had appeared.  A massive, golden, the Emperor of all Dragons and paragon among beasts! 

The Golden Coiling Dragon was flying straight towards mountain, falling like a spear of golden lightning thrown down by Zeus himself. 

The dragon's head was the size of a palace while its body was extremely long as a river. Its golden scales released a brilliant sheen as its body stretched as far as the eye could see. As it got closer to the mountain it shrank until it was only a few hundred meters long ad its heaqd was the size of a cottage. Its speed was still nothing to scoff at. In the blink of an eye, it was already above the mountain, and with an earth-shattering roar, it dived head first into the mountain. 

Seconds later, a golden five-clawed dragon suddenly materialized within the mountain, floating about as if it was trying to get a feel of the place. The dragon then freely entered and exited the mountain as it wandered for a few turns until it coiled around the mountain, closing its eyes to rest.

Kenshin already knew this was gong to happen, but seeing it happen and thinking about it were two different thighs entirely. According to the information given to him by Bastian, the mark that every Mark Bearer had was a Mega Matrix that linked to anyone that had a draconic bloodline. 

It was a neutral spell matrix hence it took up one neutral spot for energy types one of the matrix spots. As a matrix that was also living it also took up one of the beast spots. In other words, Bastian could now only accept 2 more neutral additions to the spell as well as only two more matrices and two more beasts. This meant that he would forever have one empty mountain. Bastian had designed the spell with this scenario in mind and had already come up with a solution. 

Alas the Coiling Dragon Matrix was still far too complex to decode and analyse, hence it had not fully fused with the 9 Mountains Pagoda Symposium. But this now gave Bastian more control over what he could do with his mark. For example, he could now hide the presence of his Mark completely from others and disappear from their radars. 

Mark Bearer candidates who had successfully subdued at least a thousand Custodians could detect other Mark Bearers through their Marks. Now Bastian could hide himself from targeted strikes by candidates. He could also now use the hypnotic aspect of the mark without having to reveal the mark. All someone had to do was now look into his eyes and the same effect would occur. In fact, it was now even more pronounced thanks to the boost of the Symposium.

This one of the boons of having a matrix hosted within the 9 Mountains Pagoda Symposium. Its effects could be applied through a part of Bastian's choice. 

Bastian had long ago turned his body into a wand by embedding multiple matrices all over himself. But he made great changes after using the matrix and upgraded himself. He was confident that adjusting the matrices within his body had increased his battle ability manifold. His ability to use magics like Pressure magic had been boosted greatly despite the fact that his cultivation remained the same.

But Bastian had not touched his eyes before. They were connected to the brain and that was a  sensitive area to touch. He also was not sure how that would affect his E-Vision. But thanks to the matrix, he was ready to incorporate his eyes along with all his other organs into his spell creation. Now he could express any ability from the dragon mark through his eyes.

Energy Vision allowed Bastian to see the World Energy and Yuan in their most particular form. Bastian was sure this had something to do with his transmigration. 

The Tirius Family was known for having high quality water and fire type draconic bloodlines, but none had manifested any ability that involved one's eyes. Bastian had suspected tha perhaps this aspect came from Sebastian's Mother's side.

'That woman has a shady past.'

Bastian's father was currently the Patriarch of the Tirius Clan and Head of the main branch. He had few wives and many concubines but only a handful of children with his wives. Bastian's mother was a woman from a powerful family equal to the Tirus family in status but her history was strange. She was adopted when she was young then married off to the Tirius family. She was a wife with a high status among the Patriarch's spouses. Enough to help Sebastian gain a kingdom of his own to rule when people still thought he was unable to cultivate.

'No one knows what she can do. She stayed out of the public eye and never revealed anything about her past before her adoption.'

Bastian had spent much time mulling over his mother, but he could not figure her out. She was mysterious and did not speak much. She was reserved and very intelligent. But what mattered the most to an orphan like Bastian was that she loved her son.