Chapter 41- The Dao of The Sword

TT CHAPTER 41

The Dao of The Sword

...

The way Bastian understood it; martial arts in this world were extremely advanced, to the point where they involved mastering universal laws. The Dao of the Sword was no different; it was a very profound Dao, one that could not be underestimated.

A Dao was a path to understanding the laws of the universe. There were three Supreme Dao upon which the universe was based upon. The Dao of Space, the Dao of Taiji and the Dao of Spirit., each of these were pillars of which this universe stood and were further divided into many other Dao.

The Dao of Space for example, was further divided into subsections like the Dao of the Five Elements and the Dao of Time. The Dao of the Taiji was divided into the Dao of Yin and the Dao of Yang. The Dao of the spirit is divided into the Dao of life and the Dao of death.

Space, Taiji and Spirit were the Supreme Dao. The following were Celestial Dao. Below Celestial Dao were True, Greater and Lesser Dao. True Dao, Greater Dao and Lesser Dao were often composed of two or more components from Celestial Dao. An example was the Dao of the Sword

The Dao of the Sword was directly under the Dao of Metal, and had parts from other Celestial Dao. Its rank as a Dao was somewhat baffling to Kenshin, so Bastian was also somewhat baffled. Apparently it had all three ranks of Lesser, Greater and True. It depended on how far one's mastery of the Dao itself went. These kinds of Dao were referred to as Variable Dao.

Currently Kenshin was only at the introductory phase of the Lesser Dao of the Sword but this alone was quite an achievement. Due to the fact that he had Kenshin's perspective, Bastian knew how significant knowledge into the Dao was. For example, an Acolyte with knowledge in the Dao, would be able to overcome a Scholar who did not have knowledge in the Dao, assuming that the Acolyte's knowledge was applicable in battle.

At Bastian's level, he could already face Fighters by virtue of his physical body alone but thanks to this knowledge, Bastian's technique had increased by leaps and bounds, guaranteeing victory over any Fighter he met. The only thing Bastian was unhappy about was the Dao itself.

I have no interest in martial arts, let alone swordsmanship.

Although this information was very useful, Bastian had no intention of cultivating as a warrior. He could cultivate as both a warrior and a mage if he wished, because the legacy he had received from his Bloodline Awakening had skills from both sides. Bastian though, felt that was too much of a strain. So he decided he would focus on the mage side.

Unfortunately, the legacy he had, had no spells to use until he was a Scholar. So for that moment, he could not use any spells from his legacy.

That's alright; I will just have to learn other spells for now.

After adjusting to the information he had received, Bastian decided it was time they left the place and finished the ritual. To finish the ritual, all they had to do was to harmonize their Soul Force, which was the easiest part of the process.

The two each took a strand of Soul Force and linked it with the other, adjusting certain aspects of it, until they were as similar as possible. As some point, the two strands would become one and the ritual would be complete.

Both Kenshin and Bastian experienced drastic changes. Kenshin felt his Soul Force become much stronger resilient, his aura also became less dark. Due to his negative karma, Kenshin had always felt a dark and somewhat evil presence around him, but at that moment, that presence had gone!