Chapter 16- Manifestation

Chapter 16 - Manifestation

Bastian ran over to the quivering V, she looked like she had just had her worst nightmare. This sight was one Bastian never expected to see in his lifetime. The Inkume were trained to fear nothing, even death. Yet here before Bastian, was one scared out of its wits.

As soon as Bastian got closer, he crouched next to her and started soothing her, or rather he tried.

I am not good at this sort of thing. Wait, is my voice slightly different?

Bastian was not used to comforting others, so he was rather lost. He also detected that his voice sounded different. It sounded more... coarse. Due to the current circumstances, he had to put this thought at the back of his mind.

After spending five very difficult minutes getting her to calm down, he asked her what had happened.

V sighed in resignation. She did not want to recall what had happened but she knew that Bastian needed to know.

"I was standing over you whilst you were cultivating. I expected you to fail quickly, so I held no hope for you but you surprised me. You spent a few hours meditating and nothing happened, it was almost as if you were in a trance, as if you were properly cultivating."

Bastian observed her face as she spoke, he saw a hint of a smile on her face at the thought of him cultivating. That was when her face suddenly became grim.

"That is when it came out," said V. It looked like she was about to start quivering again. Bastian started rubbing her back in another attempt to comfort her. V regained her composure and continued.

"Red and Blue smoke started coming out of your body very quickly. A lot of it came out, until it virtually covered the sky. The smoke then took the shape of a large dragon with two heads. One head was blue and the other was red. Its body was purple; it had two large horns on each head and a pair of very large wings. The purple dragon was so big that its body went on for as far as my eyes could see.

Its gaze was domineering, cold and vicious. I have never been so scared in my entire life," V took another deep breath and continued, "I felt the urge to prostrate myself to it and I did immediately. Even though I could no longer properly see it, I could still feel its overbearing presence, as if death was standing right there, next to me...No. That was not right. It could not be death, because if it was, I would not have been afraid. No, it was something far worse.

All over my body, my blood was boiling, I could feel that whatever this beast was, it was far superior to me, and this feeling was deep, as deep as my soul. It was almost as if my bloodline was happy, as if being subservient to the beast was my reason for life.

That is when the beast gave out a massive roar. It shook the earth and distorted the skies. Wild winds came forth and purple lightning started striking. Rain started falling, whilst the skies were blotted out by clouds. This earth's shaking roar scared me to complete and utter submission.

I started begging for my life. The fear that had seeped into my blood had made me lose my sanity.

Then all of a sudden, change in weather caused me to be scared even more. That was when I...lost control of myself as you can see." As V said this, Bastian clearly saw the look of shame on her face.

"Then as suddenly as it came the dragon left. It did one last earth shaking roar and placed one of its giant feet on the ground. After it did that, it started going back into your body. The clouds, the rain, the winds and the lightning withdrew with it.

After that, everything went back to normal and you woke up...as you are." V looked at Bastian with a strange look in her eyes. She moved her gaze up and down his body, then up again, stopping at Bastian's eyes.