Chapter 16

The sun was up on the sky. I woke up and had breakfast. Marco also came and sat down with me. Then we both got our stuff and headed to the track in Marco's car.

"Today will be good for us! I can feel it!" said Marco and smiled. "I'll be in the pit looking the whole time! You will do amazing job! I'm sure about that!" i smiled back to him.

We got to the paddock and headed to redbull. Charles came over to say hi to me and wish his opponents good luck.

"I'll be thinking about you the whole time on the track!" he kissed me. "I hope, I'll bring you luck!" i said and gave him another kiss.

We were sitting in redbull garage talking about the strategy for today. "Christian? It's raining a lot and the track is really wet but race is still happening! So boys we are starting on wets!" said one of the workers. "Thank you for this information Thomas!" said Christian and continued the discussion.

The race was about to begin and the boys went into cars. "P1 today okay?!" i hugged Marco. "For you!" he said and jumped in the car.

Green lights and race begin. I sat in pit and watched the race on the screen. It was raining a lot.

Lap 17/53 Marco speeded up and catch up Charles. I cheered, because I wanted him to win today.

I remeber watching the screen when it happened...Marco tried to overtake Charles and they both went really fast. It was time to turn and Marco pushed so hard. Spin and another spin right into the iron barrier. A big flame appeared. My heart dropped. I saw everyone in the garage panicking and stoping whatever they were doing. "Christian it's Marco, Marco's car!" I couldn't turn my eyes away from the screen. I watched it all, the huge fire and the car in the barrier. I wasn't crying, because it didn't feel real. Red flag, all the cars went to the pits and drivers got out. Max immediately ran in the garage. "Who is it? Who's car?!" he asked confusedly, when he saw the screens. "Max, it's Marco." said one of the workers. "God no! Is he okay?!" he asked. "We don't know yet."

I heard everything and my eyes were still on the screen. Firemen, ambulance and a lot more on the track.

"Fuck fuck fuck! Where is she?" i heard Charles's voice. That was the moment, i took my eyes of the screen. He saw me and walked up to me really fast. He pulled me into a hug and then he put his hands on my cheeks. "God Bell I- I'm so sorry! I should've let him overtake! I'm so stupid! I knew the track was wet. I'm sorry, oh my god, I'm so sorry." I smiled a bit. "It's okay. He will be alright. They will safe him. Dad is protecting him!" I tried to calm myself down. I looked on the screen. No fire just a huge group of medics. "Christian come here!" called one of the assistants. "What? Are you sure?" "100% positive" that's what i heard. "I hugged Charles. "You heard it?! He is okay! They are sure!" Charles smiled. Christian came over to us. "Bella I-, I don't know how to say this. They did everything they could, but it was a huge crash my child. They couldn't save him Bella. Marco is gone. I'm so sorry. I-" i stopped him. "No- they told you, they are sure-" i said. "They told me, they are sure, he didn't survive. I'm really really sorry Bella. Tell me, what do you need?" in this moment I wasn't listening to him. I felt my heart literally breaking. I couldn't catch a breath. My head was full of Marco's face and i heard his voice over and over again, telling me that this is his day. I stopped feeling my legs and I fell on the floor. I felt Charles's arms catching me and he took me and held me in his arms. "We need water!! Someone bring us water and call medic please!" shouted Christian. "Baby can you hear me? It's me Charles here with you!" i knew it, I heard him perfectly. But I didn't care. I was in disbelief and grief.

Hour went by and they called all the drivers to the track. "I'll be right back with you my love, I'll be right back okay?" he kissed my forehead and ran to the track. I was sitting on the floor leaned against the wall. I had water glass next to me and blanket over my legs. I had my knees slumped and my head rested on them. "In honour of Marco Zilber, young, talented, kind and loving driver, the others will do 5 laps. Thank you Marco for everything. Rest easy mate." I heard in the radio.

"Fuck Bella I'm so sorry! I can't believe this! I'm sorry. Come here." I saw Carla getting on the floor next to me. She hugged me and in that moment I lost it. I completely broke down. I burst out crying and couldn't breath again. She tried to comfort me as she was stroking my hair and back. "I wanna see them driving." I said and she helped me up. I slowly walked out of the pit. The rain falling on me. The ride was done. "To the driver of car number 8, you can rest now brother! You will be missed..., Race is done and we will not continue. Thank you for understanding." the last words from the radio. I stood there watching the sky. "We wanted p1 today remember? Why? What will I do without you?" i whispered to the sky. "I need you back. Please come back brother." i closed my eyes, tears running down my cheeks.

"Bell I'm here. I'm right here again. Come inside." I felt Charles's hands cleaning the tears from my cheeks. He took me back inside. It was silent in the garage. Not a single voice. Everyone was just sitting there and wished me their condolences.....