Chapter 17

14 days later

I was sitting on the couch in my old house in Milano. Charles was in Texas driving the Austin GP. I was home alone. These past 2 weeks i barely ate or slept. Charles, Arthur and Carla were trying to come over as much as possible. Charles was basically living here at this point. He didn't want to leave me. I've spent hours and hours crying, praying that nothing happened, refusing to believe and blaming myself. Marco's funeral was a week ago. Everyone was there to honour him. I got his racing stuff and clothes. I kept all of it in his room. I was quiet often in his room. I was going there to just sit on the ground or lay on his bed and crying. Our mom took it very badly. I was talking to her sister (my aunt) and she said that mom wasn't coming out of the room since she got the news.

I wasn't able to watch any race. Everytime I tried, I broke down and had a panic attack. While I was sitting on the couch, drinking my tea, I decided it would be good to finally answer the fans and tell them everything. I went to instagram and decided to make a post.

 I went to instagram and decided to make a post

@bellazilber: I've spent these past days in grief, disbelief, denial, silence and tears

@bellazilber: I've spent these past days in grief, disbelief, denial, silence and tears. Losing your other half, someone who has been with you for your whole life, someone who always made sure you are safe, someone who loved you, is the hardest thing to live with. To my brother, I love you, I miss you and I can't believe this was your end, our end. That day you died, I died with you. My life without you will never be the same. Tell dad, I say hi and keep an eye on each other💔🕊️. Thank you to Redbull family for caring, but also thanks to you guys. I know about your prayers for my family. Thank you. I'll try to get on my feet as soon as possible. Stay safe.❤️

*comments are turned off*

....................................

I've got so many messages and even more prayers after this post. I cried like million times while posting it. Redbull family was very helpfull to me. Some of the workers came by a few times and brought me some groceries. Christian and his wife came over and she cooked a lunch for me, while Christian was trying to keep the accident out of my mind.

Monday
I woke up in Marco's bed. I probably fell asleep crying. I slowly stood up and went to the kitchen for a water.

"Morning sun!" i heard from the kitchen. My face lighted up a bit. I ran there and saw Charles. "Charlie!!" he immediately got up from the couch and hugged me tightly. He kissed my forehead a million times. "How are you feeling my love? Is it a bit better?" he asked. "I'm trying my best." i showed a little smile and hid my face in his chest.

We spent the whole day laying on the couch and watching TV. We also went for a little walk outside. Charles cooked the dinner for us and it was delicious.

"When are you leaving again?" i asked while eating. "Can we not talk about this right now?" he said. "I just want to know, i'm sorry" i said and continued eating. He laughed a bit. "Sunshine don't apologise to me!! You didn't do anything ok? I just want to be with you and enjoy the time we have and not talk about when i have to leave again." he smiled. "I know, I get it sorry" he laughed after hearing me saying sorry again and stood up to wash the dishes.

"Ding dong" the door bell sound. "Are you waiting for someone?" I asked him. "Not really, but can you get the door please?" i nodded and went to get the door.

"There she is! How are you feeling beautiful?" I stood there in shock for a few seconds and then ran to Pierre's arms to hug him. I held him really tightly and I was trying not to cry. "What are you doing here?!!" I screamed." I've missed you and Charles invited me in Texas and i agreed in the fastest way possible." I blushed. "I really missed you!! Come inside." i said to him and he stepped in.

Charles immediately hugged him and gave him some of the dinner. We sat down to talk and watch some series or movie.