Chapter 27

In the morning I woke up very early, because I couldn't really sleep after what I had heard yesterday. I remember everything he said very clearly. I took a shower and went outside for a walk. I went on some hill and sat down, when I reached almost the top of it.

The sun was shining right on my face and I was cooling down. "I didn't know you are an early bird." I heard voice behind me. I jump a bit, because he scared me. "Arthur! What are you doing here!?" I asked and went to hug him tightly. "As always, I'm running here, it's my favourite spot." he smiled still hugging me. "It is really beautiful here." I said and pulled away.

"How are you?" he asked and looked right at me. "Ehm alright...everything is good I guess." I smiled. "I'm glad Lando offered you to stay and spend the holidays with them." he said and I nodded. "It was really nice from him, I like it so far." I said. "But?" "But what?" I asked Arthur after his question. "I can see there is something bothering you. You can't hide it from me." he crossed his arms and he was waiting for my answer. "Nothing is wrong, I'm just tired, because I didn't sleep well." I fake smiled and he nodded. I knew, he didn't believe me, but I was glad, he is not asking me again.

We were sitting on the bench for a while, looking at the wonderful nature.
"How is he?" I said without even thinking about what I'm gonna say. "Charles?" he asked and I just nodded. "Ehh...he's alright. I don't really know. After what he did to you I got really mad and since then I haven't talked to him. We only texted about mom, but that was like one time." he tried to put on a smile. "Are you serious? Arthur I'm so sorry! I've never wanted to get between you two, I feel terrible." I sighed and put my hands on my face. "Bella don't you even dare think it's your fault. I'm mad at him, because of what he did and that's all on him and Charlotte." he smiled and hugged me. "Is he with her?" I asked quietly. "I told you, I don't know about his life right now. I wish I could answer you, but unfortunately I really have no idea." he said and I squeezed his hand. "It's okay. Don't worry about it."

He offered me to walk me home and I agreed.

"What is exactly between you and Pierre?" he said and pushed me a bit with laugh. "I don't know right now. I thought we were bestfriends, but we got really close lately. In the beginning I was still taking it as a normal thing and classic hanging out. However, yesterday he thought I was sleeping and he said some things I can't get out of my head." I sighed. "Uuu what thing?!" he asked curiously. "Something that he hates Charles for what he did to me." "Sounds reasonable." Arthur interrupted me. "He also said that he wish he could be enough for me." I said looking at the ground. "WHAT?! OMG! He's so in love." said Arthur and and pushed me with his shoulder again. "I don't know." I said and pushed him back. "Do you like him?" he asked and stopped. "No! Yes? I don't know. It feels so weird." I said and started walking again. "Honestly? I think you should at least try it." he said while trying to catch me. "But I can't forget Charles." I said and he rolled his eyes. "I think that is exactly one of the reasons, why you should try it with Pierre." he looked at me seriously. I looked at him back and then back on the ground without answer.

We got in front of Lando's house, hugged and he left. I walked inside really tired after the long walk and also after thinking so much. Lando and Luisa weren't home.

I got into my room and relaxed on the bed. After a while I realised,that I'm not the only person here.

"You're home!" said Pierre and jumped right next to me in bed. "Ehm ye." I smiled. "I was trying to call you, but you left your phone here. Were did you go?" he asked and looked at me. I looked at him and then quickly turned my eyes on the ceiling. "For a walk and I met Arthur, so we talked and stuff." I said. "Why didn't you tell us?" he asked with a worried look. "I..Ehm, I wanted to be alone for a while." I sighed and stood up.

I walked into the kitchen and leaned on the kitchen counter. I took a few deep breaths and then turned around to go sit down. However when I turned around Pierre stood right in front of me. "Please talk to me." he said and lifted up my chin. "I don't know what to say." I said quietly. "I think you do and whatever it is, I'm listening okay?" He hugged me and kissed my forehead. "Umm I heard what you said yesterday night." I said and tried to avoid his look. "I said a lot of thing yesterday." he laughed. "You thought I was asleep and.." I wanted to continue, but he interrupted me. "Oh you heard that..." He said and looked down on the floor nervously. I nodded. "I'm gonna be 100% honest with you. Everything I said is true. I tried to muffle all my feelings, because you were with Charles. But when he broke your heart and we are now spending a lot of time together, I've realised I like you Bell and I want to make you feel loved. If you hate me now please don't, let's just forget it and stay friends." he smiled a bit and looked at my eyes. I had to smile even tho I was so nervous. "I'm so glad you told me that and that you were honest to me." I said and stayed quiet.

I took a deep breath and looked down again. "I think I like you too Pierre. It's just that I still feel really betrayed by Charles and the pain is just not gone and I don't want you to feel unloved or something, because of my trust issues." I said. He put my hair behind my ear. "I get it, but I promise you, I will treat you the best way possible and I won't let you down." he smiled. "I'm scared that I will let you down." I said. "I think we won't know if we don't try." he said and I blushed. He slowly lifted up my head. I leaned on the table and he put his arm around my waist. He slowly put his lips on mine....