Chapter 31

When I woke up the next day I had a huge hangover. My head was literally still spinning and hurt. I didn't even get out of the bed, I just laid there staring at the ceiling. "Are you good?" asked Lando, while he was standing in the door. I didn't answer. I was totally zoned out. "Okay" he said, walked in and closed the door. I realised that he is next to me, when he jumped on the bed. "Jesus you scared me!" I said and he laughed. "What's up with you?" he asked again and I slowly sat. "Hangover." I smiled. "Sure" he grinned and I looked at him confused. He was looking at me too with devious smile and I realised there is definitely more he wants to know. "Where is Pierre?" I asked to change the subject. "Out with his coach." he said." I nodded and looked at him with like why is he still here.

"I know it's not just a hangover and I know you were with Charles at the party." he said. "Really?" I asked innocently. "I also talked to him this morning and-" "YOU WHAT?" I interrupted him. "Relax we were on a run and we just talked about stuff." he laughed and I sighed. "Okay and?" I asked. "You're in big trouble girl." he laughed. "Did he really told you about the kiss?! How could he!" I said and covered my face with a pillow. "YALL KISSED?!" he screamed. "No shut up! I mean yes we did, but I thought he told you that, because of the trouble you mentioned." I said even more despairingly. "I meant that he is still deeply in love with you and so is Pierre and you are in trouble, because you will see them both all the time on race weekends." he said. "I'm stupid." I said into the pillow. "You're not Bella, calm down." he said hugged me. "But let me give you one advice." he said and I nodded. "You need to pick one of them eventually and please if you still love Charles, don't hurt Pierre and tell him as soon as possible. He needs to know and he will understand." smiled Lando and I hugged him again. "I need time to process everything you know, but thank you for being the best friend ever." I smiled, he kissed me on the head and stood up. "Do you want anything for breakfast?" he asked. "No I think I'll go for a walk and get something on the way, but thank you." I said and he left the room.

I slowly got out of the bed and took a shower, then I put on some comfy shorts with t-shirt and left the house. I was walking down the street and I was trying to make up my mind. My feet got me right in front of the building I thought I'll never see again. I slowly walked to the gate and rang the bell. When I did it, all I wanted to do was turn around and run away. However that would be so stupid.

"Who is it?" I heard Charles' mom's voice. "Hey Pascal ehm it's me Bella." I said nervously. "Oh my sweet child come in." she said and opened the gate. I walked in and closed it. There is no way back now. I was walking up the garden stairs and got to the door. Pascal was already waiting there. "How are you sweetie?" she asked happily and hugged me. "I'm alright, how are you?" I asked back. "Very happy! Come in." she smiled. "I don't want to intrude, I'm just here for Charles." I said. "Charles? I thought that you came to visit Arth, are you and Charlie good again?" she asked confused. "I don't know, that's why I'm here." I said. "Young love is very complicated." she laughed. "I'm so happy that you came and I could see you again, Charles is in the garden behind the house." she smiled, I thanked her and walked to the other garden.

I went around the house and got there. I saw him swimming in the pool. I slowly walked up to it and stood on the edge. I didn't want to interrupt his swimming session, because he looked very focused on every movement. I said down on a deckchair and waited.

After few minutes he got out and took of his glasses. He looked at me and back at the glasses and me again. "Bell- I wasn't expecting you here at all." he said confused. "I know me neither." I sighed. "Ehm so what do you need? Did I say something wrong yesterday or are you mad about the kiss? I'm sorry I didn't mean to do it." he said and I was just looking at him carefully. "Please don't apologise. I'm here, because yesterday, you brought up back all the emotions I had felt, when we we're together and I talked to Lando this morning and he told me, how much you love me and that I need to decide, who I love and who's heart I'm gonna break." I said and he was just standing there silently. "Charles yesterday I felt like we were never apart, like it was still us, the two people who fell in love so quickly, but deeply. I know I love you Charles and I know my feelings for you are stronger than the ones I have for Pierre, but I feel bad for lying to him. He was there for me, when you hurt me and I stupidly used him to forget you and-" I wanted to continue, but Charles stopped me. He came closer to me and took my hands. "I don't want to confuse you Bell and I don't want Pierre to get hurt." he said and caressed my cheek. "What does it mean exactly?" I asked him confused looking into his eyes. "I can't decide for you, who to choose, but I need you to be 100% sure about your decision." he smiled. "I know and I'm telling you this even tho it hurts me, that I'm doing this to Pierre." I said. "I still do love you Charles and I mean it." I said and breathed out heavily. I felt a huge relief that I said it. He was looking at me, I saw his beautiful eyes and how they lightened up. "I want you Bell, I want you to be mine forever. I promise you, that I will never hurt you again, because it was killing me inside this whole time knowing I hurt you. If you give me one last chance, I will be the happiest person on the earth." he smiled and I had to too. "I forgive you Charles and I want to be yours forever. I just need to talk to Pierre and come up with the biggest apology or something." I sighed. "I'll wait for you as long as you need and I know that eventually, we will be together again." he said. "I will text you, call you or visit you as soon as possible after everything will end." I said and hugged him. "Good luck beautiful." he said and kissed my forehead. I smiled and left back to Lando's house.