⌛ Five ⌛

As almost every night, the pair of friends meet a block away from home so their parents don't see them from the window. When Jungkook arrives, his heart skips a beat seeing Taehyung stand there in his pajamas. The boy looks so relaxed and has such confidence he could be standing on a runway and he would look like a model doing his job. The younger boy has to swallow hard and try not to let his thoughts run wild. But it's hard not to do it. I mean...he now knows that if they were dating this is how Tae would look before going to bed with him. Just to imagine that is enough to make his night better and forget about the crap he went through this afternoon.

Of course daydreaming won't take him anywhere and he knows it. But what can he do? No matter how many times he tried to confess things never worked his way. Taehyung always responded with a laugh like it was just a joke. Is it really that hard to picture them together? Either way, giving up is not part of his plans and he's sure one day he'll express his feelings the right way.

- Tae! Are you okay? He lost his head again, I heard him. Did he insult you? Did he slap you again? I swear if he even thought about it I'll -

- Hahaha Kook, I love you but you couldn't beat my father even if you tried

Jungkook has to ignore those beautiful three words that came out of his friend's mouth. He loves him as a bestie, nothing else. The image of Tae snapping his fingers in front of his face bring him back to earth

- Sorry, what?

- Listen to me, Kook! I have something to show you! But you need to be sitting, you're not gonna believe it!

- You sound like you'll show me a pregnancy test

- God no. I wouldn't have this smile if that was the case

- Of course not, you can't be happy if I'm not the father

- Hahahaha can you imagine? Hahaha

- Yeah...Anyway, let's go. I have the spare keys for the coffee shop. I'll need to drink something if we'll stay awake for long

- Oh believe me, this will take your sleep away

Once they get there, Jungkook turns on the lights. His boss doesn't know they use the place but it's not like he leaves anything out of place. They sit near the window when Tae takes out something out of his pocket.

- What is it? Let me see!

- Oh, nothing just this picture of my parents when they were young

- Why the hell would I... Holy shit...this... this are my parents! But...

- That was my same reaction! Look! The four of them! And whoever that is in the middle

- That's Hobi Hyung! Wait but they look so close...So this mean...they were friends?!

- Look how happy they look too!

- Oh God...This is how Jimin looked like?! I'll never drink alcohol in my life ever again

- I think as long as we don't pass the limit like he did we're fine, bro.

- And look! Dad didn't have dark circles under his eyes!

- Imagine how I felt when I saw my father's smile had dimples. I didn't remember that!

- I don't get it. He insulted my parents up and down today but he keeps a picture with them?

- Maybe you didn't notice but my father sucks at getting over things. When he gets mad he can hate you for years.

- Well, apparently he can't get over the good things either. That means we have a chance! They can get along again!