⌛ Thirty Eight ⌛

Jungkook follows Yoongi trying not to get noticed. His father left the coffee shop with his two best friends and Tae. Well, the other Tae. The one he's not supposed to get close to. Keeping his distance he waits for the moment Yoongi finally parts ways with the rest. And only after a few blocks when he makes sure no one can see them, the young boy runs up to him.

- Hey! Yoongi! What's up bro?

- Excuse me?

- It's me! Jungkook! We met back at the coff-

- You're the one that was flirting with Jiminie

His forrowed eyebrows and the way he holds on to his bag like suppressing the impulse to punch him show how much that bothers him. Right, Kook almost forgot the first day they met he called Jimin "adorable".

- Oh no, no! I was just making a comment! Believe me Yoongi, he's not my type at all!

- Yeah right, he's everyone's type

- Trust me, I'm going through a heartbreak right now and the last thing I want is to flirt with anyone else.

Yoongi looks at him up and down trying to figure out if he's lying or not. At the end, he simply shrugs and keeps walking his way with Kook following close behind.

- Sooo...where are you going?

- Work

- You work?!

- Seriously? Kid, I can't even pay for my own coffee. Jiminie let's me have it for free. Do I really look like I don't need a job?

For some reason, Jungkook was not expecting him to work. He didn't pay much attention to him during the first visit to the past so it takes him a second to take that in. Suddenly, he realizes something

- You keep calling him "Jiminie". Are you in love with him?

Yoongi stops in his tracks and turns around. His cheeks are glowing red and he stumbles on his words trying to deny it.

- I...he... he's just...Ugh, whatever. You're just like Namjoon. But you're...wrong? Yeah! I don't love him I just... appreciate him.

- If you say so...then do you like anyone else? Someone taller...handsome...

- Are you trying to ship me with Namjoon? I know we've been friends for years but that's all he is

- What? No, I meant Seokjin. Don't you like him? I thought you were trying to get a date with him

- You know, for being new you really ask a lot of questions

Jungkook tries to laugh it off. It's true, he can't ask everything on the "first" time they meet. This is supposed to be a casual encounter. As they keep walking, they change the subject to something less important just to keep things under control. Even if Kook needs to know his father better, he'll have to do it one step at the time.

When Yoongi stops walking, the younger lets his jaw drop looking at the place he's working at. It's supposed to be a pizza place but the sign is half falling and everything looks dark and dirty even from the outside

- If my coffee shop had rats this place must have snakes

- That's why I never enter the kitchen hahaha Anygays, my shift starts in two minutes and I have to get changed. See ya!

- I'll wait for you!

-...You're creepy, Jeon

- I was just saying! Why don't we go out after work?

- It's a twelve hour shift, kid. So unless you wanna wait until 3:30 in the morning, I don't think so

Seeing how Jungkook's too shocked to answer, Yoongi leaves him behind to enter the pizza place. He's the delivery guy and he'll have to spend the next half of his day on his bike going from one part of the city to the other. The image breaks Kook's heart seeing him work so much. Ever since he was a kid he got used to seeing his father leave early and come home late. Always with one or two jobs that would drain his energy.

Does this mean things will never change? His father will spend his life working? The only moment where he saw him having some time to himself was when he married Jin. He was home early that night. And no matter how wrong it felt to see him married to someone else...at least he wasn't a slave to a shitty boss anymore.

After a long day, Yoongi finally checks out. He's used to the routine and the lack of sleep. On his bike he can go back home hoping no one tries to rob him. After all, his neighborhood is known as one of the most dangerous around that zone. Lucky enough for him, he can get home safely. Pushing his door open, he finally takes a deep and tired breath. He closes the door with some difficulty since the humidity is making it hard to close.

When he finally enters his room, he lets himself fall on the bed. Tired as hell, he takes out his phone to play around until he can fall asleep. But to his surprise there's a message. One that makes him jump up and re-read it several times.

Jimin 💔
Hi Yooongi! It's Jimin~ How are you?

He was not able to check his phone before. He tries not to get distracted during work and now he left Jimin's text unanswered for hours. He bites his lip. Did Jin give him his number? That's not good! He can't handle something like this! He tries to answer, but every time he writes something he loses no time in erasing it.

Yoonie ❤️
Wrong number

Eliminate text. He can't lie to his little Jiminie.

Yoonie❤️
Hi.

Eliminate text. Can't he be a little more social?

Yoonie❤️
How did you get my number?

Eliminate text. That sounds like he's annoyed by it.

Yoonie❤️
Hello, beautiful prince! How are you?

Eliminate text. Absolutely not! What are his fingers writing?! Does he have no self control?! Saying something like that would ruin his plans. But... ignoring him is not something he can get himself to do.

Yoonie ❤️
Rest well, Jimin

That's good enough. It took him a long time to choose those words so he falls asleep almost immediately after sending them. Well, that's supposed to be a one time thing. Even if deep down, he wished he could have it every single night...

Next Chapter

God, did you have daddy issues or something?

So you just casually want to be friends with the richest boy here?

--------------------------------------------------------------

Hi babes~ Now comes the hardest part to write. Because I need to try my best not to skip any details or make a plot whole 😅 Wish me luck

Here's some Yoonmin for you 💕 Yoongi is one of my faves so I hope you like him with time ❤️

See you soon for seeing a little more of Jin and Tae~

- Baby Y

P.S: Today's live with Namjoon gave me life. That man is SO FINE and SO CUTE and SUCH AN ANGEL. God I wanna screaaaam