⌛ Fifty Nine ⌛

1/2

(This is gonna be a double update! Make sure you read the next one as well!)

The show came out perfectly. There were only a few mistakes at the beginning of the song since Yoongi was still thinking about Jin and the positive pregnancy test he saw in the bathroom. But other than that, it was just as they planned. Sadly, that meant there was no need for him and Jimin to get together for practice anymore. And honestly, he didn't have the time for it either. He had too many things to do and his grandmother was getting worse by the day.

Today, he was ready to leave the house when he found someone else at the door. Once more, Jungkook decided to intervene with his life. And last time he went to help Yoongi on his own. But now, he needs to do it all for his parents to spend some time together again.

- Jimin?

- H-Hi! I came by t-to...are you g-going somewhere?

- I have to be at work in fifteen mi...

He sees Jimin's surprised face and stops talking. He's actually embarrassed to be working at this young age. He's not doing it to enjoy some extra money. He's doing it because he needs it. The younger sees the way he looks down and decides not to make a comment about it.

- O-Okay then I'll wait for y-you here

- No, listen you can't do that. I won't be home until late in the night and you can't walk back home in this neighborho-

- I'll s-stay over then.

He looks decided. He had no idea his beloved Yoongi had so little time to rest. No wonder he's always so tired.

- But when I'm back I'll fall asleep instantly! And I won't be able to buy you dinner and there's nothing on the fridge and you-

- Hey...D-Don't worry, let me take c-care of you

Since it's getting late, Yoongi can't argue much longer and has no choice but to agree. Even if he spends his shift feeling guilty for leaving Jimin alone. When he returns in the middle of the night, he sees the kitchen light is on and Jimin is watching a movie in a low volume. As soon as he sees him, he gets up from the chair smiling.

- Y-You're back! Wait, I'll warm u-up dinner!

Jimin spent the whole day cleaning the house, buying food, making dinner, helping Yoongi's grandmother and even spending some time with her showing her the video of their show. It's been so long since Yoongi had something home made he can't help to enjoy the taste of it. In front of him, Jimin is also eating a portion.

- You should've eaten something without me

- I wanted to w-wait for you. I wasn't that h-hungry anyway!

That's a lie. He was starving. But he always wanted a dinner date with Yoongi so he was okay with waiting. Even if it was until 4 am. After having the best meal of their lives, they head to the room where Yoongi gets a few blankets.

- I'll go to the couch so you can have the bed

- Y-Yoongi you need to r-rest. I won't l-let you sleep anywhere but h-here!

- Well, I'm not gonna let my guest sleep on that uncomfortable couch!

- T-Then I'll sleep with you

Both of them go completely red. But Jimin doesn't take it back no matter how embarrassed he is about it. He knows it's the only way to convince Yoongi not to go to the couch. And after assuring him he won't be uncomfortable, they get ready for bed. Yongi borrows him a big basketball shirt that no matter how long it is, leaves Jimin's thighs to be visible enough to make Yoongi look away so he doesn't die with the view.

There's not much space. It's a small bed and neither of them dares to get close so they're both about to fall. Jimin knows he won't be able to rest is he sleep like this, so he decides to take the first step. He guides his hand to Yoongi's hair, petting it softly. The sensation is so relaxing that the other feels like he's entering heaven. His eyes close naturally and with that simple contact, they both fall asleep.

The following morning, the alarms wake them up. They're supposed to go to class. And being the type of person that puts at least 5 alarms to wake up, by the third one Yoongi opens his eyes. In front of him Jimin is trying to turn them off so he can sleep a little longer. When their eyes meet, Yoongi pulls him closer by the waist and lets himself cuddle him. His face hides on the younger's neck surprising him.

- Ah, it's hard to know if I'm awake or not when you look like a dream

- Y-Yoongi... let's not go to class t-today.

- It's the last weeks. We should go.

- N-Not today. You n-need to rest. I'll s-stay with you just...sleep a little l-longer please

- Fuck. I can't say no to you. You make things so hard.

- I'm s-sorry

- Jiminie... I'll have to go back to my routine eventually. I have a lot to do. Bills to pay. Work to do. A project to fight for....

It hurts to say it when he should be enjoying the sweet moment. But he needs to be clear with the boy holding him close.

- I won't have much time for you. I can't see you as often as before

- It's o-okay

- Is it?

- You t-told me before. You have t-things to focus on and you n-need no distractions. I u-understand. You don't n-need to give me all your time. I'm h-happy with just a phonecall a w-week. Or m-maybe we can meet in a p-party again and have a dance!

Yongi holds him even tighter. His warm body making him feel things he never thought he could experience. Their legs are touching and Yoongi bites his lip. But the words come out since he can't control them.

- Go to prom with me. I promise you I'll be only yours that night. And we can dance until the sun comes out.

This time, it's Yoongi who asked the question. And even sooner than the other timelines. Like it's getting harder to resist the blond boy that's currently holding himself from screaming in excitement.

- I would l-like that...

The only reason he pulls away is to stare into Yoongi's eyes before getting closer. His lips ready to give him the first kiss. But Yoongi moves fast enough to avoid it. And the words that come out of him sound like deja vú.

- Don't play such dangerous tricks on me, magic.

Jimin smiles either way and gets comfortable on his chest, both ready to sleep for a few more hours. For the first time in years, Yoongi wakes up after a good night's rest. It's 2 in the afternoon and his eyes open up naturally, with no need of an alarm forcing him to wake up. In front of him, Jimin is still asleep.

- God, you look like a fucking angel

The lack of answer lets him know the boy is not listening. So he might as well tell him a little secret.

- You know why I can't kiss you, magic? Because if I do, I won't be able to let you go. I know it. I'll choose you over anything else in the world. And I don't wanna abandon my dreams for anyone...even if you look like a dream yourself...

(Next Chapter is up now! 👇🏼)