⌛ Six ⌛

It's hard to describe the feeling that takes over them while the Time Machine works. It's like their bodies disappear leaving an emptiness they can't explain. But it's only a second later that they feel complete and put together again. When they walk out, everything's dark. Understandably, it's night in young Hoseok's house. So both friends decide to do as they were told and leave that place immediately before someone confuses them with thieves. The last thing they need is to end up in jail in the past.

- Are you sure you know where we can stay for the night, Tae?

- Kook, trust me. My dad told me about this place like a million times! He used to come here often!

- Yeah well, let's hope he's not there now. I don't know if I'm ready to meet a young Seokjin sleeping in a treehouse

- I am! I want to see how he was back then! Well "back now" actually!

- Hahahaha you're an idiot

Thankfully for their sleeping plans, the treehouse is empty this time. Seeing how the next day they'll have to start their bizarre mission, they decide to rest. Without an alarm and being used to being up early in the morning, Jungkook is the first one to wake up. The same can't be said for the boy who always sleeps till noon. Taehyung has his arms and legs wrapped around Jungkook like a koala.

The younger smiles at how peaceful he looks, how pretty his closed eyes and relaxed features are. A whipped sigh comes out of him. How can Tae be this magical? He can't help to remember all those times where they tricked their parents so they could run away and have a sleepover with some other friend in common. Kook knows all the effort he puts in staying with Tae will pay off someday. He'll make sure his parents like him. And then, he'll ask him out. No more excuses next time. He'll go crazy if he doesn't let it all out soon. He'll make sure to find the perfect words so no more confusing things happen between them. He'll be honest and straightforward.

- Tae?...Baby, wake up...

- Mhhmmm

- I said "wake up" not "hug me tighter"

- 5 more minutes

- If you get up now I'll pay for your breakfast today

-...Okay...

His voice is raspy but his smile shows he's happy to be treated this way. Tae loves getting what he wants and he even has a specific smile he uses for it. But with Kook it's not necessary. The younger will give him everything without him asking. Ready for their mission, they follow the instructions Hobi gave them the night before. Heading out to the coffee shop where the group of friends met every morning. Coincidentally, the same one where Jungkook works in the future.

- Wow Kook, look at this place!

- Oh, here's where my parents met for the first time! And it seems like the legend is true...

- Legend?

- They say back then our shop was beautiful and had no rats

- Rats?! You know...maybe we shouldn't have coffee here anymore

- Hahaha don't worry Tae, I only give you the good things when you come!

- ...Thank god

As they enter they scan the place looking for a young version of Hoseok. But their eyes go wide when they find not only him but a smiling Min Yoongi by his side. That gummy smile is new to Jungkook who freezes in place. There's no dark circles under his eyes and there's a glow surrounding him. Almost hypnotized, Kook walks up to him. When their eyes meet, he can't believe how shiny they are. How happy he looks. Now more than ever he knows he needs to change the future. He wants him to be this happy for the rest of his life.