⌛ Forty Six ⌛

Tonight, Tae walks past the party at Namjoon's house. With his hands he's covering part of his eyes not wanting to see this again. No son would ever wanna be witnessing what's happening inside Jin's car right now. But he needs to verify that this timeline is running correctly and his parents are having some privacy for it. As soon as he sees Jin's hand against the backseat's window while looking for support for his body, he knows that will be more than enough to confirm it. If he gets any other detail he'll just throw up.

- Ugh, I swear I'll never get used to this

Having his only mission for tonight cleared, he starts to walk away. Only after walking for a few seconds, he stops in his tracks when his eyes see someone else. He immediatly hides behind a tree not to be noticed. After making sure he wasn't seen, he slowly moves his head trying to see him again. Across the street, his old self is having a conversation with the other Jungkook. Both of them are sitting on top of a parked car ignoring the rest of the world.

Hobi warned them about not crossing paths with the past versions of themselves. He knows he should get the hell out of there but his legs won't move. He can't look away. Of course, he makes sure he can't be seen by them but...it's not even necessary to hide that much. Because the past Taehyung is focused on the party and the other Jungkook has his eyes glued to the boy he loves. He can't help to feel a little broken seeing what his life used to be like. The way Jungkook's eyes used to shine when they were together. The bunny smile was always present during their conversations.

He can see how that Jungkook across the street is the boy he wanted to keep by his side forever. As pretty and happy as he remembers him. So full of life, with that heart ready to be filled with love. The same heart he ended up breaking with his dumb decisions. How could he hurt someone like that? Guilt is gonna eat him alive.

- Pssst, Tae!

- Kookie? Where are you?

- Up here!

Following the soft voice, Tae looks up only to see Jungkook sitting on a branch like it's the most common thing in the world. With his help, Tae manages to climb up to sit by his side. There's a second of silence before Kook breaks it with a question

- So are your parents...you know...

- Fucking? Yeah. I'll need therapy to get over knowing that

- I don't think a therapist will believe this context hahaha

- Yeah...You know, I never expected them to be this...horny? I mean dad was always scared I would be like that! So I thought he was the kind to save himself for marriage or some shit like that.

- Maybe Jin gave you that image but Namjoon looks like he loves hosting these parties weekly

- Now he does! But before time traveling I thought he was asexual. Maybe because I couldn't imagine him caring for anyone in any level.

- Wow, they were good at hiding the story of how they met. Yoongi would never shut up about how pretty Jimin was at graduation blah, blah, blah

- Your parents are cute. Now that I think about it, why are you here? I thought you had already talked to Yoongi before the party

- I did. I just wanna see if they walk out of there to argue or kiss or none of those things

- Right, last time we were at this party we had to comfort your dad because Yoongi left with another girl

- Exactly...Ugh, I don't get it. What's so tempting about other people when Jimin is clearly perfect for him?

Tae can't help but to think of his own situation. How many times has he gone to dates with other boys behind Jungkook's back? Even if they weren't dating he was trying to protect him. In his head keeping those kinds of secrets was worth it.

- Kookie have you ever thought of going out with someone? I mean someone who...uhmmm

- Someone who isn't you? Nah. I'm not really interested in those things. I'm kinda lonely I guess. I like having few friends and spend my time in places that aren't crowded or loud. Parties like the ones Namjoon hosts aren't for me. I prefer a karaoke with three or four more people as much

- R-Right but I mean...Besides friends, haven't you...ever...

- Nope. Honestly, I could die a virgin and I wouldn't mind.

- Oh...

Jungkook can see the boy next to him is looking down feeling guilty. That's not the effect he meant to cause at all. He was just talking about his own decisions and taste.

- I don't judge my father for being diferent and liking other girls besides Jimin. I just don't understand how he can go after her knowing he made him cry before that. I wouldn't be able to do that if I was in his position

- Me neither.

-....Really?

- Kook, even if I like going out with others, if the person I adore needs me I would put them first. Some people will always be my priority

The words come naturally out of Tae. And Kook can see how the boy keeps staring at the other versions of themselves across the street. Tae is honest when he says he would never leave behind someone crying just for night of sex or anthing similar. Even when being with other boys, Kook has always been present in his mind. He would always go back to him if necessary. And he would never go on a date with someone that talked shit about the boy.

Kook smiles faintly knowing it's true. Tae would never put a friend aside. However, that only reminds him of what he already knows. Tae will always care and love him as a friend. A best friend even. And nothing more...That's how it's always been. He's glad he had him by his side for so long and the only thing making his chest hurt is knowing how different are the things they want.

Together they stay there staring at Namjoon's door. They're not in complete silence, they even make a few jokes. But it's not the same as before. There's still that subtle sadness in their voices. Neither of them knows if this will ever be the same again. Eventually, they see Jimin walk out of there crying. And while the other versions of them go to comfort him, there's no sign of Yoongi coming out to help. Quietly, they leave so they don't come across anyone else.

- Shit Kookie, I'm sorry your dad is an idiot

- It's okay. I kinda saw it coming. I didn't have the time or the information to change his way of acting that easily.

- Technically this will be fixed by the other us!

- I know. But I'll stil try to gather some more info about it. It just doesn't make sense to me. Yoongi is confusing me. I really wonder...what the hell is going on inside his head?

Next Chapter

Hey, Lisa...can I ask you a favor?

We could do this more often if you want, Min

--------------------------------------------------------------

Hi babes! I'm trying to balance the absolute sadness of losing contact with our babies by writing this chapter. I hope it helps you get through at least part of the day 🥺

Next time we'll finally see part of Yoongi's plan so I'll see you soon for that ❤️

- Baby Y (Hardly keeping it together)

I'll wait for the seven babes and for 2025❤️ My loves 💜❤️✨