⌛ Thirty Two ⌛

To be absolutely honest, Namjoon wasn't planning on going to prom. A party like that wouldn't have as much alcohol as his usual parties. Besides, he knew first hand that his friends weren't gonna be with him. Yoongi had planned to spend the whole night with the cute little bartender and Tae was probably gonna spend his time with the bunny looking boy. He wasn't even sure Hobi was gonna be there since he was "working on an important machine" that he needed to have ready for that very night.

However, this whole week Taehyung had insisted over and over again that he couldn't miss it. Even if he had no date there's a big chance Jin will be there on his own. And that sounded like a huge opportunity to make things move forward.

- I don't know, bro. What if he has a date with someone else?

- C'mon Namjoon, who the hell is he gonna ask out? He made it clear last time, he's dying for you!

- I can just ask him out somewhere more private another day. I mean, Yoongi will be there tonight!

- Exactly! And he'll be on a date with Jimin! He can't complain! You could dance with Jin, show everyone who he belongs to

- That sounds possessive...I like it

- Yes! Just think about it, confessing during prom! Being officially his boyfriend and future husband

Even though that last part sounds a little rushed, it still manages to convince him. Namjoon can't miss this chance. He finds the best clothes he can wear. Something that can impress the one and only Kim Seokjin. As he gets ready he prepares what words he'll say. To just think about making Jin smile or get another one of those sweet kisses is enough to get him excited for the night.

Meanwhile, Tae wonders whether his parents spent part of their original graduation together. According to future Hobi, Namjoon was there to beat the shit out of Yoongi during their fight. But he has no idea of how it all happened and if he was on a date with Jin or they just happened to be at the same place. It's a mystery he had no chance to find out before coming here. All he knows is that if today they keep the peace between him and Yoongi then everything should go as planned. Probably Jin will ask Namjoon to marry him again and this time his father will say yes. He apparently did so on the original timeline so it should happen again! Right?

When Namjoon arrives, he comes across several friends and classmates. They all sound nostalgic of this last night together before they part ways. But he isn't worried about those things. He's sure nothing will change between him and his best friends. Yoongi will still be there for him forever and if he plays his cards correctly he could also keep Jin by his side for the rest of his life as well.

Thinking about him, he realizes he can't spot him between the crowd. Even though the dance is only starting, he was expecting to find him there already. Jin isn't usually late to places. To be fair, he can't see Tae either but that's because the boy probably left to have some alone time with Kook. Getting a little anxious and worrying that maybe he's not gonna come at all, Namjoon walks outside. For a moment he considers texting Jin, even though he would be breaking the rule of "don't text first" for the second time since they met. Thankfully, before he gets the chance to make that mistake again, he sees Jin's car parked behind the building.

- I guess I'll go back to where it all started

A huge smile paints his face as he gets closer. The memories in that car flood his brain. To just think that is how it all began. Even though Jin was already after him before that night, it was that moment that Namjoon started to fall. And damn, he's falling hard for that boy.

As he gets closer, he sees the car is empty. But there's a few voices near and he follows the sound. He can tell there's someone else walking behind him as well. But he can't pay attention to that person. Not when he sees with his own eyes something that he was not expecting at all. Something that breaks his heart.

Maybe he would've reacted with anger before. But now? Things have changed and he just has to accept that things are not gonna go the way he wanted. Right behind him, a short blond boy is getting his heart equally broken. And both their futures are about to change...

Next Chapter

I can't wait any longer. I love you, Tae.

What the hell is he doing here?

--------------------------------------------------------------

Hi babes~ How panicked are you? This is a very short chapter but next one you'll get Taekook and a little more context!

We're almost on my favorite part of the story! So clooooose I'm excited. I'll see you soon for more!

- Baby Y