⌛ Forty Nine⌛

Tae knows his best friend must be near the coffee shop tonight to make sure his parents get back together. It's the night where they locked Yoongi and Jimin in there so they could have a talk after what happened in that party. And there's no need for Tae to go check on them. But he really wants to spend some time with Kook again so he might as well go take a look.

When he gets there, he finds exactly what he was expecting. Hiding across the street from the coffee place, Jungkook is waiting to see his parents come out. From there, you can clearly see how the past versions of them are spending time by the shop's door.

- Is everything the same as last time?

- At least for now, yeah

Tae wants to make the best out of the time he has with him. In moments like these is when his friend can't avoid him. So he tries to remind him of what his friendship is like hoping he can have enough reasons for them to go back to what they used to be.

- Remember how we met?

- You're my neighbor, Tae. I know you since I have memory

- I mean like when we started talking

- Ah...

Jungkook can't help but smile. They used to go to the same school since kids. But it was thanks to gym class that they ended up talking. Whenever they had to compete in any sport they would end up on the same team...all because Tae kept chasing him.

- I was shocked when you kept choosing to be with me. My parents always talked shit about your family so I was convinced you hated me

- Hate you?! Kook, don't be ridiculous!

- Are you gonna say you had no prejudice towards me at all?

- I...Okay, I did. Honestly I followed you because I wanted to win the games. And you had the physical ability I didn't!

Jungkook laughs hearing it. He has to keep his voice down so the past versions of them can't hear them. He's not surprised with Tae's confession. He knows Tae hates losing games and loves to play. And personally, he always wanted to be friends with him even if it was prohibited.

Back then, the more they talked the closer they got. At the end, the coach had to force them into different groups so they could stop getting distracted. Of course that only led to them helping each other even when being in opposite teams.

- We used to cheat way too much

- But it was fun!

- Of course it was, Tae. I loved winning with you. You would get so happy you always ended up hugging me and kissing my cheek!

- D-Did I?

He didn't remember that detail but it makes perfect sense. Tae always loved hugs and he can't even sleep if he doesn't have at least 4 pillows to cuddle with. Not wanting to focus on those romantic details, Tae tries to keep the conversation flowing but in a different direction.

- And remember...Uhmm....our first girlfriends? We were dating them almost at the same time! I don't remember who was the first one to-

- You. You dated the exchange student with pretty voice. What was their name? Umi?

- Yeah! And you dated a girl around that time as well! I didn't even know you liked her, Kook

- I didn't.

- Eh?

- I read in a magazine that would make you interested in me. I was sure making you jealous would work.

Jungkook was never jealous of anyone but he decided to trust that article and believe it would have a result on Tae. He had nothing to lose anyway. Thinking back, Tae remembers he was surprised with the news of his friend dating. But it didn't make him jealous. Probably because despite that, Kook kept him as a priority. His girlfriend was only there to give Kook a kiss or two but Tae was still the one getting all his attention.

- Eventually I broke up with her and apologized for using her to make you jealous.

- ...Is that why you always give her free coffee when she comes to the shop?

- I told her I owed her any favor for life! Though later she told me she was doing the same as me so I feel less guilty now

Tae stays quiet for a minute. Across the street he can see the past Jungkook giving a kiss to his old self near his lips. The looks they share...Did he always look that way when staring at his best friend? Seeing how he's not the only one staring at that lovely scene, he tries to distract Jungkook again with some friendly memory but...

- And remember when w-

- Yes. Whatever you're about to say, yes. I remember everything we went through together. And I remember it with love. Because I loved you since the first time you smiled at me in gym class.

Tae runs out of words. He wants to think of a friendly scenario together. One where all those romantic details aren't present. But it's impossible. Even the calmest of their moments together ended up in them holding hands, hugging, saying sweet words or even cuddling. All his memories with Kook are precious to him as well. He's the base of his happiness. Maybe their friendship has always been different. Always so full of...love?

The past versions of them are about to kiss right now. But of course it doesn't happen. Not yet at least. The old Tae walks away with an excuse and it only takes them a few minutes to confirm things went well with the Min couple. They even get to see the way Jimin blushes when Yoongi whispers one last thing to his ear before leaving the place.

Jungkook remembers his father telling him about it. It was the first time Yoongi called him "magic". When he looks back at Tae he can't help but wonder...what lovely nickname would he give him? He wants to list a million options but he stops himself. He can't think about things like that anymore. He has to get over it. After a short goodbye, Kook leaves his friend behind. He reminds himself he needs to give up completely not to make this worse. And he doesn't even notice the way in which Tae is starting to see him...

Next Chapter

Holy shit you really love him, don't you?

I could hear you talk all day, Jiminie...

--------------------------------------------------------------

Hi babes~ Here's some Taekook for you! I miss my little ones so fucking much 🥺❤️ Next time we'll see Yoonmin 😍 get ready for that one~

❓ QUESTION ✨: I'm currently posting 4 stories at the same time. Some of them are close to end. And my question is: Do you prefer to keep having 4 stories up with these updates? Or less stories BUT with more updates? (Twice a week ✨)

- Baby Y