⌛ Thirty Five ⌛

Frustration was all Taehyung could feel when he entered his house. His day couldn't be any worse. From the failure of their mission to the moment he broke Jungkook's heart. He's been avoiding this for so long and it feels as bad as he was expecting. All he wants to do is lock himself in the room and scream into his pillow. He tried so hard to keep that romantic confession aside but he had to fall for those kisses and ruin it all.

As he's about to head upstairs, he finds his father reading in the living room. He looks calm, in no hurry to prepare dinner for them. Comfortable in his own home. Something he haven't seen in a long time if ever. Feeling a pair of eyes over him, Jin looks up. When he sees his son he smiles softly and welcomes him home.

- Hi sweetie. How was your day?

Horrible.

- Fine, I guess. Is dad home?

- Obviously. It's Friday! He's always early on fridays

- Oh...is he in a bad mood again?

- Bad mood? - He raises an eyebrow - I don't remember the last time I've seen your father angry over something

Without knowing he's not really talking about Namjoon, Tae feels a wave of calm wash over him. At least one thing seems to be better. Seeing how calm his father is tonight, he decides to have an honest talk before going to his room. He never before asked for advice from him or anyone. The constant tension in his home wouldn't allow it so this is a chance to expose himself at least a little bit.

- Dad, how do you fix things after you hurt someone?

Jin looks shocked for a moment. Out of all the questions, it had to be that one?

- I...I have no idea, sweetie. But I guess it depends on the circumstances. If you didn't mean to do so it's one thing but if you hurt someone to protect him then...you won't regret it. Believe me.

- And what if I do regret it?

- Then you should talk about it. If you keep it in for years...

- Yes?

- You should talk to your father about that. He knows more about regret than me.

Tae can't understand it. Why would Namjoon regret anything? Shouldn't it be the other way around? Everything is so confusing to him. When he hears footsteps coming down the stairs he prepares to see his father again. He wants to see if he looks happy. If the heartbreak Jin caused is currently fixed. But as soon as he turns around a shiver runs down his spine. Min Yoongi, looking healthy yet gloomy is in his house. A short memory of him being raised by his former neighbor appears on his mind and he can't help to scream.

Giving no explanation to his current parents, he runs out the door in panic. In the middle of the street he bumps into someone else. Jungkook holds him to calm him down and come back to his senses. As soon as they have a second to think they realize this is not their imagination and things changed a lot more than planned.

- Oh Tae, we fucked up so hard I can't even begin to panic!

- It's worst that fucked up, Kook! You have no idea wha-

- No idea? I have your father in my house! In the next 24 hours my genes will change and I'll be...diuuugh, I don't know what I'll be!

- What about me?! I don't wanna be Yoongi's son! What if I turn pale and short?!

Their private conversation in the middle of a street is interrumpted when their parents come out. While Jimin and Namjoon stand behind the younger boy trying to figure out why he ran away, Jin and Yoongi walk up to their son confused of his reaction.

- Kids? Is everything okay?

Namjoon is the one to ask. Yoongi is too focused on his pretty blond neighbor who he usually admires from afar. And Jin only wants to get the hell out of this street as soon as possible. However, Tae has other plans.

- Give us a minute!

He pulls Jungkook aside and after making sure they don't hear him, he tries to convince him of a new plan.

- I have an idea!

- Tae, we need to go back to Hobi. Maybe not right now or they'll follow us but as soon as they fall asleep-

- I agree. But first... let's get them together! Let's all have dinner

- What? Why? This is awkward enough separately

- We need to see how they act. Maybe we can get a clue as to what the fuck happened. Anything no matter how small could help us

- Fine...but you gotta think of an excuse for them to get reunited for the night. Because my brain melted as soon as I heard Namjoon call me "son"

Taehyung nods even though he knows Jungkook is gonna hate his idea soon. When they walk up to their parents both couples want to return to their homes. Yoongi is probably the only one that seems hopeful they'll give him an excuse to stay a little longer. To his surprise, that's exactly what happens. Taehyung stands in front of the four of them and holds Jungkook's hand for them to see. It's a contact the younger would prefer not to have right now but it's the only thing Tae could think of.

- Kookie and I are dating

- What?!

- Wh...Yes. - Kook nods - That's true. And we would like your support so...could we have dinner all together?

- As a big family! Haha...ha...can we?

Jin is about to deny the invitation but his husband is faster in accepting it. He's been waiting for a chance like this for years. Meanwhile, Jimin and Namjoon share a look before accepting. It's like they're making sure they're both comfortable with it. And even if it's not ideal, they'd do anything for their son. So now, there's six people sitting at the same table in a very uncomfortable silence...

Next Chapter

Is there any real reason why they shouldn't be together, Jin?

If t-they really love each o-other they should give it a t-try

--------------------------------------------------------------

Hi babes~ I think my reaction would be closer to Tae's one because I'm a dramatic bitch hahaha

Next one will have them all but a little extra Namjin ❤️ See you soon for it~

- Baby Y

P.S: If I don't put this Namjoon in a story I'm gonna die:

S: If I don't put this Namjoon in a story I'm gonna die:

What a man. I wanna scream.