⌛ Twenty Nine ⌛

When Namjoon decided to apologize to Jin he didn't think it would be this hard. Of course, finding the right words can be a challenge but he's sure they can have an honest conversation. After all, he talked to Taehyung about his way of reacting and he's ready to be more comprehensive. There's only one small problem... Jin's clearly avoiding him. Or avoiding everyone if we consider the fact that he's been skipping classes. Not even Jimin had the opportunity to talk to him lately. And the worst part is Jin's father seems to be everywhere he goes. It's like he can't keep an eye off him!

It takes a while to find a way to reach him but thankfully he finds the perfect opportunity. He knows no matter what Jin would never miss Jimin's singing performance. It's his best friend! He has to be there. As soon as the show ends, Jin is about to leave the place when someone stands in his way. Hobi gives him a small paper before walking away. Confused, Jin reads the words in it and a strange feeling takes over him. Namjoon is asking him to meet him at the rooftop. Nervous about what's about to happen, Jin goes. Up there, there's no one else but them. Namjoon looks anxious as hell before giving him a small bouquet of flowers.

- Finding you alone wasn't as easy as I thought it would be...

- Why did you call me here, Namjoon?

- I just wanna talk! No fights! Nothing like that, I promise

He offers the flowers and Jin takes them with shaky hands. He wasn't really expecting this at all. They sit next to each other looking at the sunset. Not knowing how to start, Namjoon tries to have a normal conversation first. Just to check on him, to make things less tense.

- So...did you eat today? You're not skipping meals again, are you?

- No...

- And Uhmm what were you up to? How was that photoshoot you had for your father?

Jin tenses for a second before looking away. There's no answer. Thinking maybe this isn't working, Namjoon goes straight to the point.

- I'm sorry.

- For what? You didn't say anything that wasn't true

- Yes, I did. I said all the wrong things. I got mad at you before even getting worried. I don't know why you ignored me but I didn't want to know either. I didn't wanna listen. I was just hurt and I thought...I thought attacking back was gonna make me feel better. But it didn't. It never does and all I did was hurt you so I never want to do that again. I'm sorry I said we were nothing when clearly we are

- R-Really? What are we then?

- I have no idea. But it's not "nothing"!

Jin smiles softly. Not nothing...that sounds a little better than he was expecting. But not as good as what he was hoping for. Knowing he has no reasons to hide it anymore, Jin decides to confess. Because maybe Namjoon is still looking for a name for this feeling but Jin already knows what it is. So he tells him. About how he was always interested in him. How he used to spend half the time of his class in staring at him. How much he liked hearing his underground rapping battles secretly. How that night in his car was the best night of his life and not just a one night stand. It was never meant to be a one night thing. Because he wanted it to last forever.

Namjoon's shocked to say the least. Sure, he noticed Jin before because he's not blind and he's the prettiest man on earth. But he never paid that kind of attention to him. And the word love sounds so strong and yet so...perfect. But only because he's starting to feel that way now. Before, it was just a fun time. One that got out of hand pretty fast. He takes Jin's hand making him look at him. The eye contact is so intense you would think they can communicate just with that. Though Namjoon decides to use words as well.

- I can't say I felt the same as you. Not at the same time at least. But now? I don't know how to call it but I can't stop thinking about you. I can't imagine anyone better than you to spend my days with. I just look forward to seeing you and hearing your voice all the time. So I guess what I'm trying to say is that I lo-

- Would you marry me, Namjoon?

The boy is taken back by the question before letting out a loud laugh. He's not upset his confession got interrumpted. He's just delighted to hear the beautiful Kim Seokjin so desperate for his love! Damn, a part of him wants to give him a ring right now! But being more realistic he knows it's not the right time

- Hahaha I know I'm irresistible but no need to go that fast, honey! Should we move in together as well? Hahaha

Jin shows a very faint smile yet he doesn't laugh. Carefully, he lets go the other's hand and looks back at the hiding sun. Namjoon now feels a little confused. He didn't mean it in a hurtful way! He can't help to worry that maybe he's hurting others again so tries to clarify what he meant.

- Hey... someday I would love that. All I'm saying is we should go slowly. I know I don't like commitment but that doesn't mean I'm gonna treat you like this is not important. I'm not that stupid. Let's just take it one day at the time, without jumping into something as huge as marriage hahaha

- ... I'll think about it.

Jin's voice sounds soft and tired. You would think there's something making him sad but he loses no time in leaning in to rest his head on Namjoon's shoulder. Those are not the words his not-boyfriend wanted to hear. But it's better than nothing and considering how things ended up last time, he takes it as a win. Hoping everything will go better from now on, he wraps his arms around Jin for a little longer. Because he has no reason to let him go. In his head he can't think of a single person that could get in the way...

Next Chapter

Why do I feel like those two are gonna be a problem?

I knew you couldn't resist me for long, Tae

--------------------------------------------------------------

Hi babes~ Namjin's going on the right track...sort of...kinda. It's better than nothing! Drama is just around the corner for them 😱✨

Next one we'll have our Taekook babes again! Also preparing for drama. See you soon for that!

- Baby Y

P.S: I cried like a bitch with Yoongi's concert and now again with the "Hello, this is big hit music" crap. I don't know if I can live without him for a year! Damn it! I'm still very happy we got to see my man Hobi and my prince Jin again. God I missed them so much! ❤️‍🩹❤️‍🩹❤️‍🩹