⌛ Forty Three ⌛

After doing the math, both Tae and Kook realize they're about to face the first big disaster of the mission. Namjoon's party will be tonight which means Yoongi will probably break Jimin's heart for the first time. The good thing is at least Tae's parents will have a good night so that's one thing they shouldn't worry about. Not yet at least. Meeting at the treehouse, they try to come up with ideas to fix it.

- Maybe we should just stop Jimin from going to that party, Kookie. He wasn't invited anyway!

- Forget it, Tae. Since Jimin heard he could go he got more excited than ever. It's Yoongi the one we need to stop

- Did you find out why he said those things in the first place? He pretty much rejected Jimin that night.

- No and it makes no sense! Everytime I talk to Yoongi about dad he sounds so whipped! I can't understand why he'll push him away tonight.

- I would say we could enter the party and intervene but if we come across our other selves we'll destroy the universe or whatever Hobi said would happen

- I guess I'll have to talk to Yoongi before the party. It's the only thing that comes to mind.

Tae agrees. Even if it might not work it's worth the try. The party will start in a few hours and they'd like to be around there just to watch it all from the outside. Keep a distance from which they can see if their plan works or not.

- You know, Tae? Maybe after a few hours you could enter the party and have fun. It's not like we stayed there for long last time so you should be safe

- Why would I wanna go in there?

- Dance, drink, I don't know. You always talk about how much you enjoy meeting new people.

- Yeah but...what if we go somewhere else? Just you and me! We can leave our parents behind this time!

-...I don't think we should do that...

Taehyung sighs knowing full well why he's being rejected. Kook is still avoiding his eyes. They never spent so much time away from each other before. The only reason they have meetings is to talk about their mission here but there's no longer time to have fun or go out together. Or rather the time is there but the younger doesn't want to do those things. Tae tries to be honest once more even if he hates this conversation.

- I miss you, Kookie. I said many times what our friendship means to me. It's the best part of my life and having you around makes me feel safe and happy and...I love being with you. The reason I never accepted your confessions is because I didn't mean to ruin it all!

- Hmm never thought being with me would ruin something

- It's not you. But...dating? Do you know all the things that come into play there? We'd have to have new rules, go through jealousy, fight, argue, lose ourselves for each other. I don't want that...

- Is that what you think a relationship is like?

- Isn't it? Look at our parents! The same Namjoon that got along with Jin and looked happy and cool ended up forgetting their anniversary a million times! I've seen what marrying a friend looks like.

- I'm not Namjoon, Tae

- Yet. But people change when they date. It's all different and messy and...not as beautiful as what we have. Or had...

Jungkook tries to process the words before talking again. He's not trying to argue with Tae or make him feel like an idiot, he just wants a few more answers. So he uses a soft tone even if he avoids his eyes.

- Tae, do you really think I wouldn't be able to talk our problems through? You think I'd forget our anniversary? You think I'd stop you from going to parties and get jealous of people around you?

- Wouldn't you? You know me, I love hanging around with other people. Even if I love being with you as well I...I don't think I was made to have a good stable relationship with anyone. I just wanted to take care of what we had. I wanted to take care of you...

- I see...

Jungkook gets up and starts picking up his things. He needs to catch up to his father on the way to the party to stop him from hurting Jimin. But before he can leave, Tae tries to insist with the little hope he has.

- So then...are you sure we can't go anywhere tonight, Kookie?

- Wait for me a little longer. I promise we'll go out when I'm ready

- I understand...

- ...And just to be clear, I'm not a jealous person. I don't know why that would worry you

- You say that now. But you might be. If you would've known of all the times I went out with other guys behind your ba...God, I don't know when to shut up.

Jungkook lets out a short and honest laugh seeing Tae covering his own mouth.

- It doesn't matter who you're with as long as you come back to me at the end of the day.

- But...

Tae looks up at him. The younger is already by the door holding his bag and showing a nostalgic half smile.

- You could've kissed half the people on the planet in front of me and I wouldn't have cared. I would've just waited for my turn like I always do.

Taehyung is left speechless as Jungkook leaves the treehouse. Kissing his best friend is sounding more tempting than ever. But Kook asked him to keep the distance a little longer and he needs to respect that.

For a few hours all Tae can do is think it all through. He can't understand it. He knows Kook's sad and yet he still shows him that cute smile. He wants a relationship but he's not possessive. He has no idea what is wrong with that kid...or why is he making him feel this way...

Next Chapter

I can't talk to my lovely Magic today

Why are we talking about your parents?

--------------------------------------------------------------

Hi babes ~ Sorry it took me a bit! I have a few exams this week. But here's some Taekook for y'all ❤️❤️

Real Jungkook would be pissed to read this hahaha he's a total jealous babe. But for once I'll make him more chill 😂 Next time we'll see Yoongi again 💖

- Baby Y

P.S: Yesterday we chose a new president in my country. And for some reason the worst possible option won. So I kinda wanna die thinking about it. Hope y'all are safe out there ❤️‍🩹