⌛ Eighteen ⌛

Jimin looks down from his bed. He spent the whole night crying with Jungkook and Tae giving him comfort. Now, he can see those two sleep peacefully in a tight hug. It's impossible not to feel bad seeing them. He wants to sleep hugging someone as well. But the person he wants must be in a girl's house right now. Trying to distract himself since he can't sleep no matter how hard he tries, Jimin stands up. He goes towards his bedroom window to look at the stars. It's been a few hours since he left that party and Yoongi didn't call or text him once so far.

His mind loses focus when he suddenly sees a car enter the neighborhood. He can recognize it anywhere. That's Jin's car! But...his friend was supposed to leave the party before anyone so he can't understand what's he doing this late at night. As soon as Jin comes out, Jimin waves his arms and calls him trying not to be too loud. A minute later, Seokjin is climbing his way up to Jimin's window. It's not the first time he does it and it's kind of surprising how talented he can be at those things.

- Hyung! What a-are you doing here this late?! Y-Your dad's gonna kill you!

- Not if I get to bed on time. I have to be extra silent though.

- W-Where were you?...Jin? You're b-blushing

Curiosity grows even bigger seeing his reaction. And Jin can't hide this from Jimin. It's his best friend and he knows he can keep the secret.

- I think I just had the best night of my life

- W-What do you...Oh, G-God! Finally! Y-You and Namjoon, right? D-Did you guys kiss?

- Oh, Jimin you wouldn't believe it if I told you. It was incredible! It was just so hot and sweet at the same time! He was so considerate and yet so wild...Ugh, that man is my weakness! He has the best of both worlds! I don't know how will I be able to look at him on Monday without passing out

- I'm p-proud of you, Jin. I k-knew there w-was a spark there! I t-told you!

- And what about you? How was your first party?

- I...W-Well...

- ...Yoongi was with another girl, wasn't he?

- H-How did you know?

- I was just guessing.

- Oh...H-He was. But t-that's not the worst part. After all, I k-know he doesn't feel what I f-feel. I can't b-blame him f-for liking other people. But...

His voice breaks as the tears start falling again. Everytime he thinks about it and the scene comes back to his head he can't avoid to feel this way. Jin pulls him closer for a hug trying to give him some comfort.

- Jimin, don't cry for a dumbass like him

- I j-just wanted a m-minute with him. I r-really thought he liked t-talking to me but... I'm an i-idiot. He was just t-texting me back because h-he was being kind. In reality I'm j-just someone he has t-to deal with...

- Oh sweetie, that's not true! You're the best human being on this planet! Ugh, that stupid Min Yoongi, I'm gonna beat the shit out of him the moment I see him!

- N-No! Leave him. I g-got the message. I'll leave h-him alone. 

Jin can't help to feel surprised hearing it.  Jimin spent years in love with Yoongi. And no matter how many times Jin tried to change his mind this is the first time Jimin feels like giving up. Petting his hair softly, Jin takes a deep breath.

- I see... I'll be here for anything you need, Jiminie. You can always count on me okay?

- I know, h-hyung. I'm happy you're my b-best friend.

- Hey, you think we'll keep living across from each other when we grow up?

- O-Of course! I'm not p-planning on moving out!

- And we'll visit each other's homes to have dinner together.

- Y-You think you'll b-be married with Namjoon by then?

- Jimin! Don't rush it! He...I don't think he wants the same thing I do. But I guess I can dream about it.

A smile appears on Jin's face thinking about it. For him, a future with Namjoon sounds like everything he ever dreamed of. Nothing bad can come out of it. Sadly, Taehyung wouldn't agree. After sharing a few more laughs and dreams, Jin leaves Jimin alone. He needs to enter his home without getting caught. The next day they're supposed to see each other at work. Saturdays are a good day to work together and clear their minds. However, the first text Jimin gets that morning is from Jin saying he can't go. There's no details and Jimin won't ask about it now because he knows what this means.

- S-Shit, he caught him...

After waking Jungkook up, the two of them go to the coffee shop. There's not that many customers today so he can have time to relax. That's until two people enter the place and sit at their usual table. Hobi and Yoongi got together to study chemistry and Jimin feels his stomach drop. Just to see him again after what happened last night is enough for his heart to break again.

Keeping a poker face, Jimin takes their order. There's no eye contact. As soon as Jimin can walk away, he rushes to the kitchen where he allows himself to cry. He could be there all day shedding tears like he did last night. But he stops when he hears a loud noise outside. When he walks out, Yoongi's on the floor since he fell off the chair. Usually, he would go and help him out but this time he lets others do so as he prepares their order.

The little time the boys are there, Jungkook can see Yoongi write in a yellow note and then throw it to the floor, frustrated. When they finally leave, Kook picks up their table. The little note on the floor awakes his curiosity and he picks it up. A smile appears on his face reading it.

- Hey! Jimin? I think this is for you...

- Hmm? W-Why would it b-be for me?

- You always keep these when you pick up their table. Here, have it.

Jimin doubts but takes it anyway. If he wants to get over Yoongi he shouldn't keep things like this. But a part of him still wants to save it. Normally, Yoongi writes parts of his songs in those notes and Jimin loves collecting them. Unable go stop himself, he opens to read it.

"I wish I could clean your tears and kiss your lips until you forget how sad I made you"

His heart skips a beat. Unlike other times, there's no rhyme. It doesn't look like the part of a song. Is it really for him? It can't be. He didn't even talk to him! No. That would be ridiculous. He says to himself he shouldn't keep his hopes up. But at the same time, his hand is saving that note. Because there's no way he's throwing that away...

Next Chapter

You can't tell Yoongi about it! Are you mad?!

If I had a dollar for each hickey you gave me I'd be rich, Namjoon

--------------------------------------------------------------

Hi babes~ This Yoonmin chapter was mostly Jin and Jimin being besties hahaha but that's because next Yoonmin chapter will be ✨✨✨✨

Next one is Namjin ❤️ I'll see you soon for that~

- Baby Y