⌛ Forty ⌛

Tae stares at the huge mansion where Jin lives with his father. The same place where Tae will eventually grow up in. It's everything but a home for him. It never had the warm lovely environment he would've preferred. When the door opens and Jin walks out ready to go to class, Taehyung can start his mission. He follows him keeping his distance thinking of ways to approach him. He doesn't wanna look like some kind of stalker and it's obvious Jin doesn't really love meeting new people.

All his planning stops being important when he sees Jin stop on his tracks and lose balance. Without thinking about it twice, Tae runs up to him willing to help. Just in time he catches him before he hits the ground. Jin's eyes open and stare at him, tired. He only lost consciousness for a second but it was enough to worry the young boy holding him.

- Are you okay?! What happened?

- Ugh, I'm fine. I just got dizzy for a moment. Where the hell did you come from anyway?

- Uhh...Don't change the subject! Are you sure you're okay?

- Chill, kid. This happens sometimes. I'm fine.

He takes out a bottle of water from his bag and drinks some before he keeps walking. Tae tries to insist in taking a moment to rest or eat something but his father refuses. He assures the younger that he's not feeling hungry and that he'll be okay. Even if Jin likes being taken care of, he doesn't really want to talk about things like these for long. They walk together for several blocks before they have to part ways for Jin to go to class.

As Tae stares at his father leaving, he remembers what will happen today. Jin will have a fever and Namjoon will help him feel better by turning on the fan. The interaction will be sweet and perfect. Nothing to worry about. However, he had no idea how long Jin's been feeling sick. It's one of those things that keep him alert and wondering how many things is his father hiding. His thoughts are only interrupted when he receives a text from his best friend. He reads it in a hurry, dying to hear from him again. There's not much written on it. Just the word "Treehouse".

Without missing a beat, Tae half runs his way there. He really misses talking to Jungkook, even if it is to plan their next steps. When he finally gets there, his best friend is waiting for him. No matter how excited he was for this encounter, Tae feels almost immediately disappointed. Kook doesn't even give him the chance to say hello before he's focused on their business. And at all times the younger avoids his eyes like his life depends on it.

- Finding out more things about Yoongi is gonna take a while. I'm trying to get closer but he spends most of his time working. He only stops to sleep or go to class. And as we know he'll take some time off to party on fridays. I can't blame him, he needs a break every now and then. How about you?

- Hmm?

- Did you manage to learn anything new about Jin? Anything that could help?

It's not that Tae doesn't care about their mission. It's just hard to concentrate when his best friend talks in such a cold tone. It feels like they barely know each other. Tae knows he ruined everything but he wants to fix it somehow. Even if he knows an apology won't be enough. He tries his best to answer the question without seeming distracted.

- I'm working on it. He's hard to get close to but maybe I can do it if I enter grandpa's company. I'm sure if they need anyone I could fit in the role, I know how everything works in there.

- Cool. We can meet again when you get something new. I'll let you know if I find anything else

Just as fast as the conversation started, it ends. Jungkook gets up and walks up to the door ready to leave the treehouse and Tae behind. The only reason he doesn't is because of Tae's hand holding him back by the shirt sleeve.

- Wait! Shouldn't we...you know...talk?

- Is there something you wanna tell me?

Taehyung immediatly answers. He's been trying to find the right words since their fight and all he needed was the chance to tell them. In a hurried pace he let's his honesty flow.

- I'm sorry, Kookie. I'm sorry I hurt you. I'm sorry that I didn't talk to you before about everything. I'm sorry I thought things would be better if we just moved on...

- ...Okay.

- Okay? That's it?

- What do you want me to say? "I forgive you for playing with my feelings for a whole damn year"?

- I wasn't playing with them. I never meant to do that.

- I forgive you, Tae.

Even if he sounds honest, he also looks exhausted and his words don't make sense in Tae's head. They don't feel real. It's obvious this is not something he can just ignore.

- It doesn't sound like it, Kookie

- But I do. I really do. I don't hate you. I'm not as angry as I was when I found out. I'm not resentful either. It's just that...Now I know you were right all along, we shouldn't be together. You wanted me to get over you and that's what I'll do. It wasn't gonna work out anyways.

- But we-

- Give me some time, okay? I spent years thinking one day I would live the day in which you were gonna love me the way I love you. I know you didn't mean things to end up like this but...I need time so I can stop feeling like crying whenever I stare into your eyes.

- I don't wanna make you cry...I don't wanna hurt you...

- I know but...When I look at you, I remember how much of an idiot I was. How many times I thought you were feeling the same as me. I promise I'll feel better with time. It won't be the same but who knows? Maybe this is what's meant to be like.

Tae feels the tears fall down his cheeks. He knows that if Kook would be looking at him he would clean them and make him feel better. But the younger doesn't turn around even for a second. A minute later, the boy already left and Tae has to stay there for several minutes so he can cry his eyes out knowing no one will come to comfort him. Not anymore...

Next Chapter

I always see you with a lot of girls so...who's the special one?

I heard you laughing on the phone last night, Yoon

--------------------------------------------------------------

Hi babes! Taekook were happy for the first half of the ff so now you gotta get used to their drama :C

Next one it's time to see Yoongi again~ See you soon for that

(I'm dying to hear Kookie's new album. I need the time to move faster.)

- Baby Y