⌛ Fourteen ⌛

After a long day, Jungkook and Tae spend time together in the treehouse. It's time to share the information they gathered this days about their parents. Of course, that's mostly an excuse since they could simply text each other. But neither can deny they love being near and they got used to seeing each other at least once a day. Even if their parents kept insisting they shouldn't be friends, that never stopped them.

- So now your parents talk every night to tell each other bedtime stories?

- It's adorable. I remember Jimin used to tell me some of them when I was still a kid. And before alcohol became his best friend, obviously

- Now I see where you get your romantic side from, Kookie! That explains why you're so cute!

Jungkook goes red hearing those words. If being cute was enough to make Tae his boyfriend he would be the happiest boy on earth. But that hasn't worked this last years so he needs to try new things. Now is not the moment to think about that though, so he stays on topic.

- What about you, Tae? Anything new on your parents?

- Hmm, no clue

- Tae!

- What? I'm not gonna get in the middle of their life now! I need to wait for them to start dating! You're the one that's playing with time!

- I just...I can't help to intervene. You know how I get when I want something!

- Or someone...Anyways, I could try to do the same as you but I don't think I want to.

- Why not?

- It's just that... Ugh Kook, my father is so cool! He has fun, he's smart, he's free, he's loyal to his friends and his ideals are just amazing! He wants to reach the top of the world without using anyone! He's kind and entertaining! I don't wanna change any of that

- If you say it like that he does sound awesome. But then why does he end up the way he does in the future?

- I never thought I would say this but I'm starting to think Jin might be the problem.

- Seokjin Hyung? What are you talking about?! I know he's way more egocentric now but he's actually a great guy! Believe me, I work with him. He's always taking care of me and Jimin and even though he's older he treats us like equals.

- I'm not saying he's a bad person or anything. The problem is that he'll ruin everything! Namjoon wants to be free and have fun but I know he'll soon start dating Jin and he'll lose his wings.

Jungkook looks taken back with where this conversation is heading to. What's making Tae say something like that? Is that really how he imagines a relationship works?

- Tae, dating someone doesn't put you on a cage. You don't lose your freedom because of it. If anything, you get to share all your freedom with someone else! You can have fun with the person you love instead of being alone!

- It's not the same

- No, it's better!

Tae stares at his best friend. An idea crosses his mind as he does. He's not sure it's gonna work but he would like to try it. Because this is starting to frustrate him. He knows by experience that Kook wants to be more than friends. But why?! Can't he just see how good it feels to be alone?!

- Hey, Kookie...Why don't we go to the party?

- Eh?

- Namjoon will organize one this Friday. Apparently, he does this every week and Yoongi is obviously invited.

- Oh, wait! I could take Jimin! That way they can have a romantic night!

- Maybe they end up spending the whole night together doing something more than telling bedtime stories

- Diugh, I'll keep my distance if they start making out. And you'll go with me, right?

- We can go together and then you just gotta enjoy and have fun! You'll see how great it's being single and free, Kook. You can dance with whoever and do anything you want!

- Uhmmm isn't it kinda dangerous to do that? I mean, considering the people in that party will grow up to become our neighbors...

- I'm not telling you to get someone pregnant, bro. Just have fun!

- I guess... it's a good plan.

Taehyung smiles wide. If this works out, Jungkook will see they don't need to date for him to be happy. He wants Kook to see how perfect it is to be friends and nothing else. It's almost a favor! Though Jungkook might not think that same way. The following day, the youngest goes to work with a smile on his face and good news for Jimin.

- R-Really?! I can g-go?! Wow, I've never been i-invited to one of Namjoon's parties b-before!

- Tae said you could come and Yoongi will be there!

- O-Oh that's so a-amazing! Jin Hyung! What a-about you? Are you joining u-us?

- I can drive you there if you want. But I won't stay for the whole party. I'll just go in for a minute. There's something I need to do there...

- O-Okay! I promise I won't s-say anything or get you in t-trouble!

- Trouble? -Jungkook asks- What's wrong with him going to a party?

- Not your business, Jeon. By the way, can you come to the back and help me with something?

- Sure can, Mr. Kim!

Jungkook follows Jin leaving his father behind. He finds it adorable how Jimin took the invitation. He looked so excited and happy he can't help to think this is a great idea. But the person next to him disagrees. As soon as he makes sure Jimin can't hear them, Jin holds the younger boy by the arm.

- You are such a fucking idiot, Jeon.

- Hyung? What did I do now?!

- I won't be able to get the idea of going out of Jimin's head!

- He'll be fine, I promise. I'll be there and I'll keep an eye on him!

- Will you keep an eye on Min Yoongi as well?

- What?

- If you want Jimin to be happy you will get him out of that party as quickly as possible

- But why?!

- Do as I say. Or deal with my best friend crying and with me beating you up.

- Ugh, fine. I'll make sure he only stays for a little bit.

Jin can finally relax. He needs to trust Jungkook on this one since he can't stay for long. Sadly, the boy is lying to him. Jungkook's sure everything will be okay. Because Yoongi will be there. And that can't be bad...can it?

Next Chapter

You weren't invited, Jimin. You shouldn't be here

Would you d-dance a song with me? Just o-one!

--------------------------------------------------------------

Hi babes~ Taehyung is in absolute denial about a relationship so far, poor Kookie. This won't be the last time they talk about this though hahaha

Next one we'll see a part of the party! The Yoonmin part. How you think things are gonna go? See you soon for it~

- Baby Y