☻ Akaza x Douma ʕ•̫͡•ʔ

A/N: this was requested by @Juniper_Tsuki, so I hope you like it! Angst to fluff, ya da yaaa. It's kinda rushed, so there might be spelling errors. Also, who likes my drawing ;)?

Douma sat on the bed, staring blankly at the floor. He was waiting for Akaza to get back from his mission, so then they could go to a gorgeous lake Douma had discovered near his temple. He was swinging his legs, something he did when he was bored, or nervous.  At the moment, he was both.

Bored because he had no one to talk to. His worshippers, if he tried to talk normally with them, would assume he'd taken a liking to them, and follow him around the shrine. Once that had happened, and the girl had stalked him for three weeks before Douma got fed up and devoured her one fateful night. As for other demons, well.... Kokushibo just didn't talk, nor did Nakime. Daki and Gyutaro were in the Red Light District, Hantengu ran away all the time and Gykokko.... Gykokko was just Gykokko.

Nervous because killing Hashira was dangerous, and many times lethal, even to powerful demons such as Akaza. No, chided Douma to himself. Akaza was, as he had said, a powerful demon, and so should be able to kill this Flame Pillar he'd been assigned to take care of.

A note on the biwa brought Douma back to his senses, and he perked up almost instantly. He could smell Akaza! So he lived, then. The door slid open, and Akaza stomped in, donning a stormy expression. 

"God damn Hashira, not wanting to become a demon!" He was mumbling angrily, brown knitted together in annoyance.

"Hello Akaza-san! How was your mi-" Douma was suddenly cut off. Well, it is rather difficult to talk when your head is flying halfway across the room. Douma's smile fell. Akaza hadn't done that since they started dating - could you call it that? Not many people like the idea of him and Akaza together, for some reason.

"What was that for?" Douma asked sharply, his tone quickly turning colder than the ice he generated. Akaza glared at him in response, and face planted onto the futon. Douma glared back, and stormed out the room, leaving Akaza on his own.

Akaza was furious. Why hadn't that Hashira become a demon? Why had Muzan hurt him after he completed his mission? Why had Douma stalked away in a huff? 

As the elaborate clock on the wall ticked, Akaza began to feel guilt well up inside of him. He hadn't meant to shout at or hurt Douma, it was just that he wanted to yell at something, and Douma was closest. He stood up, having made up his mind. He would apologise. Akaza didn't like to apologise, but he would do it for Douma.

He would do anything for Douma.

He opened the door, the wood creaking slightly. As he stepped out onto the hallway, a room crashed down next to him, and he jumped. He was about to start running, when from inside the newly teleported room he heard sniffles. Akaza threw open the door, and there was Douma, tears running down his pale face.

Douma was a pretty crier. Tears cascaded down his cheeks in clear waterfalls, and as they fell, they solidified and landed on the floor with a gentle clink.

Douma cried diamonds. 

Akaza cleared his throat, making his presence known. Douma turned around, dabbing at his rainbow eyes.

"O-oh hi darling! What-what d'you want?" He said, stumbling over his words. Akaza's heart clenched, and he stepped forward. To his shock and surprise, Douma cringed back, arms raised protectively. 

"Douma, I'm not going to hit you." Exclaimed Akaza, horrified at the thought. Sure, he had punched off Douma's head only an hour prior.

"Then why'd you do it an hour ago!?" Yelled Douma, his sadness turning to fury. His sobbing hadn't stopped, and Douma curled up, continuing to weep.

"I'm sorry Douma. I'm sorry okay? I didn't mean to. I was angry and needed something to lash out at, and you were there and- god I'm so sorry." Begged Akaza kneeling down to Douma's crouch-height. (Yes crouch, not crotch you weirdos reading this) 

"Sorry won't fix it." Commented Douma, tears drying. 

Akaza signed, and wrapped his arms around Douma. Douma momentarily tensed, before relaxing. 

"I still haven't forgiven you."

"I know."

Douma snuggled up into Akaza's bare chest, enjoying the heat that radiated off him. Akaza chuckled at the sight, the 'big bad' Uppermoon Two so desperate for comfort. Akaza loosened his arms as to not choke Douma, before he too, relaxed his muscles.

"After this, tell about your mission, ne?" Asked Douma, his tone already drowsy.

"Of course." Replied Akaza, pressing a kiss to Douma's cheek.

And that's how they stayed, curled up in a unforgiving fortress with the two of them entwined. Lovers through all hardship.