? Kokushibo x Douma ? (Part Four)

A/N: probably a billion spelling mistakes in this chapter, I wrote it rather quickly. Enjoy, and thank you all so much for 63 followers, 800 + votes, and over 30K reads!

Douma strode in, a blank expression on his face. "Did you kill something? And why is there a giant gash in my floor!?"

Kokushibo looked up at the Uppermoon Two. "I apologise. I have killed Gykokko."

"What? Now Moon will definitely know we're up to something!" Douma exclaimed, placing an irritated expression on his face.

"Oh."

"We've got to drink it. It's the only way we'll be able to get away from his control." Murmured Douma, face screwed in concentration. He looked down at Kokushibo, who was sitting on the floor recovering from the poison Gykokko's needles had inflicted upon him. "Where is the Blue Spider Lily drink?"

"This room." Kokushibo looked around at the partly destroyed room. It'd been on a table somewhere in the left corner.

The corner in which Gykokko had been in, and so Kokushibo had aimed his attacks there.

Kokushibo pointed, gradually the feeling in his arms returning. Douma looked to where Kokushibo was pointing and groaned.

"Really? If it's still intact, I'll eat a man's toes." Douma walked over to the corner, where a large splinter of the wooden table was lodged in the wall. "Was destroying the entire room necessary?" He asked the superior Uppermoon, who was slowly beginning to stand as his strength had replenished.

Kokushibo rolled his pair of human eyes. His second and third pair were still hidden, in case a human came in. "I did not know he had toxic needles."

"Then maybe stop acting so high and mighty all the time and train with the other Uppermoons! What if you have to battle Hantengu? Do you know how he fights?!" Yelled Douma, spinning around to face Kokushibo.

"For someone with no emotion, that was quite an outburst." Stated the Uppermoon One, ignoring the comment about Hantengu - who he was sure he could kill very quickly. He was now standing fully, and walked over to where Douma was, hand still rested on the hilt on his blade.

"I know! I'm great at faking feelings now!" Exclaimed Douma, to which Kokushibo sighed at.

Kokushibo peered through the rubble and wooden and glass shards, deciding to drop the human disguise for better vision. With his six eyes he could see more, now avidly searching.

His keen gaze landed on something blue.

"I see it." He motioned with his hand towards Douma, who strode over to him.

"Now drink it." Said Douma matter-of-factly. Kokushibo stared at him.

" What if it isn't safe to drink?" He asked Douma, who grinned wider.

"You found it, it was your idea to consume it-"

"Actually.....it was yours," said Kokushibo. He grimaced. "What if it kills me?"

"Then you die!" Chirped Douma, who picked up the drink and held it out to Kokushibo.

The Uppermoon One took the offered concoction, looking distinctly unimpressed with the electric blue colour. Holding it to his mouth, he took a small sip.

"You gotta drink more than that Koku!" Giggled Douma, who'd seemingly forgotten about the mess in the room. Kokushibo glared at him, still not happy with the nickname. He took another sip, the drink oddly sugary in his mouth.

Douma grabbed it, then looked up and down at Kokushibo.

"You don't look like you're dying,"He said, drinking some himself. "Eww, why's it sweet?"

Kokushibo ignored him, focusing on the fact he couldn't feel any change. No cells reconstructing, no blood vessels popping or bones cracking.

Weird, as Muzan had said the flower was meant to change you drastically.

Or maybe Muzan was wrong - something that had apparently never happened before.

Douma put down the test tube on the largest piece of the barely standing table, the thin glass making a gentle clink as it came into contact with the wood.

"Why are you standing there Koku?" Asked Douma. "Let's go outside!"

"...Douma. You have no idea if this works. You don't know if Moon knows that we've drunk it, or that I've killed the Uppermoon Five...what was his name...it doesn't matter, he's dead. What I'm saying is.....we could die."

Douma shrugged, already halfway across the room to the door. Since there wasn't a window in the room, they had to find someplace else. Douma waved a hand at Kokushibo, motioning him to follow him. The Uppermoon activated his human disguise and followed, wondering why the hell he'd ever let Douma know that he'd found the flower.

As they came to the grand doors, people greeting Douma on the way and casting mistrustful glances at Kokushibo, Douma paused.

"Kokushibo, there's this weird thing in me. It's like an....odd sensation," He questioned, pointing at his chest. "Do you know what it is?"

Huh? What did Douma mean by that? An 'odd sensation'.

Oh. Oh.

Kokushibo blanked, wondering what to say. An odd sensation, in other words, was a feeling. An emotion - something Kokushibo knew Douma lacked.

"It's nothing. Perhaps it is an effect from the flower."

"Oh okay!" Douma smiled at him, swinging the doors wide open.

The light streamed in, sun touching the walls of the corridor for the first time in decades. The colours in Douma's eyes seemed to glow as the light reached them, and the objects in the corridors shone. But the thing was...

Kokushibo wasn't burning.

His skin wasn't starting to dry up and crack, turning into ash - he'd seen it before, when recently turned demons couldn't find shelter quickly enough. It felt strange, but nice at the same time.The warmth was pleasant, better than anything he'd felt in his few centuries of being a demon. 

"Wow! It's so bright," commented Douma, turning to look at Kokushibo. "The feeling still hasn't  gone away Koku. It's sort of warm?"

"It's the sun's heat. You're emotionless, Douma, no matter how much you try and hide it." Said Kokushibo, inwardly wondering why he wasn't telling Douma the truth. The flower had seemed to have given him emotions, and Douma, since he'd never felt them since he was born, didn't know what it was. 

Douma gave him a thumbs up, stepping out onto the well cared green grass that surrounded the temple. 

"Gracious Founder! I don't think I've ever seen you outside before!" Called at voice, a young lady with black hair. Douma grinned at her, making up a bullshit excuse on how 'he feared the sun would interrupt his connection with the Gods', which she seemed to believe. 

She walked away, back into the large temple. Douma sighed, a contented smile on his face. 

'Was it real?' wondered Kokushibo silently, looking at Douma. It seemed so different compared to the normal ones he wore. 

Douma kept walking, further from the temple, further from the cage that had held him so long. He walked away from it all, the memories and long forgotten screams, the place where he was talked about as someone that should be seen and not heard. As if he was a doll in some higher power's game.

The sky was a pastel blue, almost azure in colour, and Douma found himself wishing Kokushibo had found the flower sooner, just so he could have experienced this sooner. The calmness of the day was very different to the hunt and dark of the night, much softer. 

"What should we do now?" Kokushibo's voice was almost a surprise in the quietness of the walk.

"Now," said Douma. "We run."