ʕ•̫͡•ʔAkaza & Douma ? (Can be read as platonic, not a ship)

(A/N: got bored on a train and decided to write this. It was going to be fluff, but I don't know how to write anything remotely happy. Someone help. thanks for 134 followers.)

The fallen leaves were soft under Akaza's bare feet, the moon giving an ethereal feeling and glow to the mountain ledge he stood on.

The stars were especially beautiful tonight, sparkling across the sky like diamonds in a dark ocean. He could remember, faintly, of a time long ago when he'd been looking at the stars with someone, someone he couldn't quite remember.

He wondered if they were up there now, playing amongst the stars.

The night was silent, with the exception of his own breathing. The silence was comforting in a way, the lack of noise making Akaza feel at ease.

The silence was broken.

Akaza could now hear footsteps, made louder by expensive shoes, coming towards him. Akaza knew who it was, at this point it was almost like he had a sixth sense dedicated to knowing where Two was.

"Can I sit here?" Asked the calm voice, and Akaza was surprised at the lack of greeting or emotion. Perhaps the Uppermoon, like almost everyone, needed time sometimes.

Akaza's first instinct was to say no, to deny the Uppermoon Two the luxury of being near him. But something came over him, something that made him change his mind.

"Sure."

Two sat down, facing away from Akaza. Akaza could see the gentle curve of his back, the silvery hair that was otherworldly.

"You forgot my name, didn't you?" Commented the demon, his mouth moving smoothly. It was as if everything about Two was graceful, to the way he was sitting to the way his god damn mouth moved. It was one of the things Akaza had never understood, how someone so sadistic could look... perfect. "You always call the others by their names, but never me."

Akaza could see no point in denying it. "Yes."

"Douma. I know your name."

Akaza didn't reply. There was no need to. There it was again, that blissful silence. Only this time, it was more awkward.

Two -no, Douma- drew his legs closer to himself. He was curled up in an innocent, childlike position. He was faced away from Akaza. Akaza didn't want to really see his face. He didn't want to see the other's face ever again, if it was his choice. After Douma had defeated in a Blood Battle, ripping out one of his eyes, he'd harboured a hatred for him.

But it was hard to continue his loathing when the demon next to him looked so... alone. So weak.

"Everything okay?" The words of comfort foreign in his mouth. Akaza was embarrassed almost instantly. Of course the demon was okay, after all, someone emotionless would never be sad.

It didn't occur to Akaza that that meant Douma could never be happy either.

"When am I not?"

"I dunno. Not like I see you everyday." Again, Akaza was embarrassed. Why was he not like himself? It was frankly annoying.

Douma didn't respond, just shrugging.

Fuck. This was awkward as hell. He shouldn't have said anything.

Akaza got up to leave, and Douma made no move to stop him. The Uppermoon Two knew no one wanted to be around him, he'd just thought that maybe, maybe Akaza would have been different.

He didn't even say goodbye.