?Douma reincarnate AU ? (Part Four)

A/N: this chapter will be more about Douma, our favourite undevolped pancake! I hope you enjoy!

"You don't know who I am? Douma, you told my son you'd come and kill me, so you remember me." Akaza took a hesitant step forward. "Douma, I'm so sorry. I-"

"Shut up. Just shut up." Said Douma. He glanced at the now Uppermoon Two - although when Douma was still alive as a demon, he'd possessed the Uppermoon Three rank - almost wearily. He shook his head, the blond hair moving enchantingly. "There's no point."

Akaza's inhumane eyes widened. It wasn't that he was surprised by what Douma had said, in fact he'd been anticipating something along those lines. Rather, it was the tone he'd said them in.

Blank. Just like his eyes.

The emotionless voice surprised Hiroko, who'd only heard the another boy speak in an overly cheerful voice. He looked at his father and his 'friend'. There was clearly history between them.

(A/N: Hiroko darling, if only you knew.)

Akaza's mouth turned downward slightly. "Is that how you're going to speak to me? Don't forget I'm now more powerful that you."

Douma seemed unbothered, still staring unblinkingly at Akaza. "Was it worth it? Going behind my back, causing me to kill myself. Was it really worth it?"

Akaza's eyes softened, though only for a moment. He glared at Douma again. "Yes, it was. You were nothing to me. Nothing."

Hiroko blinked. Yeah, he wasn't sticking around here. He slowly walked backwards, irises flicking between the two in front of him. Once he'd exited the room, he turned and ran.

Neither Akaza nor Douma acknowledged him leaving, instead just looking at each other.

"You're coming with me to the Infinity Castle. Master wants to speak with you. And how the hell are you even here?" Snarled Akaza, hand curling into a fist. Douma didn't reply, just looked at him with an almost mournful expression in his colourful eyes. "Whatever. I'm sure Muzan will get the answer soon enough. Nakime!"

A biwa note played, and Douma and Akaza found themselves in the Infinity Castle in front of Muzan. Akaza immediately bowed, but Douma stood there in his childish body, looking at Muzan.

"Bleh. That Biwa-Lady's teleportation still makes me nauseous." The reincarnate stated.

"Bow."

Muzan's voice was harsh, harbouring no fondness for the still-human child in front of him.

"Hmmmm...no." Giggled Douma. A stoic expression flitted across his face, but hurriedly vanished. "I don't really want to listen to you anymore. I did enough of that in my previous life."

"Yes. Previous life. How did you return? None of my other demons have ever come back from the dead. Not even Daki or Gyutaro."

Douma blinked. Daki and Gyutaro had been killed? Oh well, it was bound to happen. Daki did always hold her brother back, and Gyutaro had said countless times she'd be the death of him. He just didn't expect them to fall so soon.

"You did not react? Good. Getting emotions made you weaker in your final years, Douma. I can assure you I will not allow you to access them this time I transform you."

"Muzan-sama." Akaza finally spoke, eyes still downcast on the floor out of respect. "Is it wise to turn him?"

"Are you worried?" Sneered Muzan. "Everything I do is correct. That includes turning Douma into a demon again." The self proclaimed king snapped his fingers.

A sharp crack echoed through the expanse, Akaza gritting his teeth in pain as his spine twisted in an awkward position. Blood dripped slowly out of his mouth. Akaza bit his tounge. He had to stop talking back to his Lord.