ʕ•̫͡•ʔDouma's Nightmare (Part Two)?

A/N:so there's gonna be four parts. This one exposes the traitor. Part 3....will describe what happens at the end of the chapter in vivid detail.

A traitor among the Uppermoons? Well they were dead meat. The moment Muzan found out, which was inevitable, they would be tortured and then killed, no doubt.

"I am going to check each of your minds. If someone has information, I suggest you give it up now, before I check. If you do, you might have a less painful death. If you do not tell me, and I find out, I shall allow the remaining Uppermoons to torture you, before I do it myself and then burn you alive." Said Muzan, his red eyes narrowed to slits in his pale face. One thing for sure, he did not look happy.

No one moved. No one said anything. Muzan glared at the wall, as if it had offended him. 

"We'll do it the hard way then. Kokushibo, come here." He beckoned with a long finger, and Kokushibo, ever the dutiful servant, obliged.

Muzan closed his eyes, and Kokushibo hissed in pain, as he was so close to Muzan and it was being done hurriedly. After about fifteen seconds, Muzan reopened his eyes and looked at Kokushibo.

"Clear. Douma, you're next."

All the Uppermoons glanced at him, as if they expected it to be him. Douma rolled his eyes inwardly. Idiots. As if it was him! Muzan had given him a better life, even if it was only marginally, so why would he betray him?

However, unfortunately for the others entertainment, Muzan proclaimed Douma loyal after entering his mind. Douma stepped back, grinning from ear to ear. The process repeated until Muzan reached the two Uppermoon Six, who glared at him.

"By default, you're the only ones left. So either, I'm wrong, or you're betraying the demons and me. And let me make myself very clear; I'm never wrong."

Daki looked up, bottom lip quivering. 

"Oni-Chan, help me! Muzan-sama, I'm not the traitor! I promise." She began sobbing and awkwardly, Gyutaro patted her on the back. 

Muzan showed no empathy and roughly grabbed Gyutaro's and Daki's forehead, closing his eyes in concentration. Reading a demons mind was hard, let alone two at once.

"....clear." Muzan looked confused, and began to mutter to himself. "But I was sure...there has to be! The Demon Slayers aren't that smart, right?"

He looked back up at the Uppermoon's faces, some unreadable, others irrated that their time had been wasted.

"Go." Commanded Muzan, dismissing them with a wave of his hand. The Infinity Fortress moved, obscuring Muzan from view and teleporting the other demons to rooms. Douma exhaled a breath he didn't realise he'd been holding in. Good thing there wasn't a mole, or in the long-term side of things that would a catastrophe for the demons. 

He walked down the winding corridors, his footsteps echoing in the large space. Then suddenly he heard laughter.

"Thank god for that potion-y thing Shinobu gave us!"

".....it's called a- actually what is it called?"

No way. No fucking way. There was a traitor after all? By the sound of the voices, there were two. Two demons that had decided lowly humans were better than scum. Two demons that had chosen to betray Muzan. And the worst part was, he recognised the voices.

Hard not to recognise the voices of your two children - illegally adopted, but still his children.

"Yeah, whatever! I was so scared oni-chan! I kept thinking, what if he finds out what if he finds out? Good thing that 'potion-y thing' works."

"I'm sure there's a more specific name for it than 'potion-y thing' but-"

"Shut up! I'm right you're wrong!"

Gyutaro and Daki. Well, he'd have to tell Muzan. Why didn't he feel the slightest bit of empathy for them? They were his 'children' for gods sake! Although to tell the truth, he didn't really enjoy their company anymore. It'd been 'fun' for a while, to apprentice them and give them little bits of Muzan's blood. But he grew bored, bored of Daki's whiny attitude and bored of Gyutaro's...well his instinct to always defend Daki and quite frankly he also looked repulsive. 

Douma turned around silently. He walked back the way he'd came, this time taking care that his footsteps were silent. He walked for about five minutes before he stopped.

Nakime.

Muzan had given Nakime the ability to use telepathy to communicate with demons that needed to come to the Infinity Castle. She often would hesitate to allow them in, in case they accidentally brought demon slayers. But it also meant one could easily contact her and ask her to take you to a certain person.

Teleport me to Master Muzan.

Douma hesitated for a moment.

Please.

He didn't get a respond from the biwa demon, but he felt the ground start to move and spin, and he was suddenly in the room with Muzan.

"What? Can't you see I'm busy?" Snapped Muzan, not even bothering to look up at Douma.

"I found the traitor, Master." Douma was being unusually polite and formal because he could tell Muzan was a breath away from killing him in frustration. The change in Muzan's face - and hopefully attitude- was immediate.

"Who?"

"Uppermoons Six. I overheard them talking about how they were glad about a potion substance for blocking certain memories."

"I shall of course have to prove it so I know you aren't lying."

As you could tell, Muzan thinks saying 'thank you' is a weakness. He turned away from Douma. "But how would they get their hands on that? How close are they to the demon slayers?"

Douma said nothing, just stood in the room perfectly still like a statue.

"Douma! I'm talking to you!"

"I don't know how they got it, but it was made by someone called Shinobu. They might just have been given it?" Suggested Douma. He'd faintly recognised the name Shinobu, where had he heard it before? Oh yes! The sister of that girl he'd eaten. She probably hated him. She wasn't the only person who hated him for killing a family a member. Let's just say, Douma killed a lot of sisters.

"Nakime! Get the Uppermoon Six here now!" Called Muzan. Damn, he looked pissed. 

Wordlessly, the woman in the corner complied. She sat on a platform that was raised slightly above the ground. The ground spun slightly, and there stood Daki and Gyutaro. Suddenly, their cheerful expressions disappeared, replaced by once filled with worry.

"Why are we here?" Questioned Gyutaro, who tried hiding his terror.

"You know why. You are the traitor. Tell me everything you know about the demon slayers and I might consider killing you quickly."

Gyutaro shook his head defiantly. "No!"

Muzan gritted his teeth. 

"Douma, get that test tube. We're going to have to resort to more....painful ways of extracting information."