15. Perfection

Travis Swanson-

When it began snowing heavily, I got her back into the car, getting in on my side after putting my guitar back in the trunk.

"Did I do it right?" I asked, looking at her and she was smiling, looking at her sunflower.

She looked outside, before sighing and looking at me.

"Perfect." She whispered, her blue eyes staring at me. They were hazy and sort of cloudy but so clear.

"What happens after this?" I asked her.

"Well, I'm not sure exactly." She frowned.

"Could I ask for a second date or is it too early?" I looked at her.

"I'd want nothing more." She smiled softly.

I nodded, chewing the inside of my cheek while turning the car on and blasting the heat.

I offered my hand to her, her hand immediately taking it into her lap to hold it.

I didn't know what was to happen now. But I'd take her home, make sure she gets inside. That's what I'd do for now.

Her phone began ringing and she looked at the Caller ID before answering.

"Hey." She replied.

I assumed it was her brother after she said I'm driving her home from our date.

She told him what we did, occasionally laughing.

"He wants to talk to you." She handed me her phone and I had to release her hand to take it.

"Hey." I said.

"Thank you." He told me.

"For?"

"You're an incredible person. She likes you a lot. Take care of her for me. I'll be there this weekend to see you both." Hudson said, almost sounding emotional.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"I'm great. Sleep good and get her home." He hung up.

I handed her the phone and she immediately took my hand into hers again.

I smiled.

"He's happy." She whispered.

"I can tell." I nodded.

Nothing else was said, she held my hand with both of hers, occasionally tracing my knuckles or lying her head against my shoulder when my elbow was on the elbow rest.

I parked outside of the complex and we sat there for a minute or two.

I didn't want to move, her head was on my shoulder and I'd never felt like this before.

I wanted to hug her, nearly smother her but give her space at the same time.

It was bizarre.

"You ready?" I asked.

"No." She chuckled.

We sat there a bit more. I wouldn't move until she did.

Suddenly she let my hand go, wrapping her arms gently around my bicep, hugging my arm to her and my heart hammered.

This is what I've been waiting for. This feeling of fulfillment and satisfaction. The affection was small but it made me burst into a million butterflies.

I laid my cheek on her head, waiting there.

"Walk me up?" She asked.

"Of course." I nodded and she let me go, opening her own door for the first time tonight.

I got out of my car, locking it as I waited for her.

She came to me, giving me a soft smile.

Her hand grabbed mine, once again, I was on fire.

We walked until we reached her door.

"Am I being too much?" She asked.

"No." I shook my head, looking down at her.

She nodded, looking at our hands.

I smiled at the stray piece of hair that was out of her bun.

I fixed it, making it disappear.

I wouldn't kiss her. Not yet. It's only the first date.

She let my hand go, letting me cup her face as I kissed her forehead.

"Sleep good. I believe we see each other tomorrow morning for another round of calculus." I smiled, stepping back.

"Thank you. This was perfect." Her face was pink from both the cold and a blush.

"Of course love." I nodded, leaving once she got inside.

Wow.