22. Well Then

Travis Swanson-

We sat at the restaurant, watching whatever was on the TV's around us.

We already ate but Hudson and Carmen were really into each others conversation and Connor and I smiled at each other just knowing what was going down.

"You missing her?" Connor smiled at me.

"I saw her 2 hours ago." I blinked.

"Not what I asked." He shook his head.

"Well yeah. That's common especially with new things." I nodded.

"No, not necessarily. You ever gonna make it official?" He asked.

"Nosy." I scrunched my nose and he just smiled.

"She likes you, so yeah I'm nosy." He nodded.

"Fair." I shrugged.

"She mumbled your name in her sleep last night. You were too out to notice." He lowered his voice.

"Yeah?" I looked at him and he nodded.

"I know you're a good guy. I do but I'm still obviously worried something could go wrong. Not that you would try to hurt her or anything, but I don't know how to explain it." He shook his head.

"I understand, I have a baby sister, and anyone can do anything at anytime. I get it." I told him and he nodded.

"How old is she again?" He asked.

"8. Turning 9 January." I told him.

He smiled.

"Carmen mentioned something about a bracelet?" He said.

"Does Hailey know-"

"No, just Hudson and I." He looked at the TV.

"Okay." I nodded.

I did miss Hailey already.

I didn't care to be around anyone else right now.

No one made me feel as good or happy as she did.

No offense to Carm but man's got his own heart out there for Hudson to take.

"Call her or something." Connor told me and I laughed.

"You're very good at reading people." I nodded.

"No, thinking about her is the only time your face isn't terrifying." He sat back.

"I'm not terrifying." I frowned.

"The fuck your not. Your big as fuck and your face screams I'll beat your ass. Great personality and kind man but your face is deceiving." He crossed his arms.

"Yeah yeah." I rolled my eyes, grabbing my phone.

Me: you should come over here.

Hailey: nah I'm cozy in my bed.

Me: so mean

Hailey: it's not fun?

Me: well it is but we finished our food, Hudson and Carmen are being cute, Connor is roasting me on you and I'm tired

Hailey: awe so you miss me? So cute.

Me: don't even start with me rn.

Hailey: feisty, anyways I would but I'm doing laundry bc everything dirty asf

Me: are you secretly telling me you're not wearing clothes rn?

Hailey: lol partially. spandex and sports bra. it's cold in here.

Me: damn. tempting.

Hailey: my doors never locked🤷‍♀️

Me: bet

"Soooo? What's the smirk?" Connor winked.

"She happens to be cold." I kissed my teeth.

"Warm her up. Sing 'Baby it's cold outside' to her." He chuckled.

I remembered how I literally played that song before meeting her.

"I might just. Would you mind?" I asked.

"Not at all. I'm entertained." He looked over at them and I smiled.

I set a $20 down.

"Nuh uh." He frowned.

"Let me pay some of it." I shrugged.

"You keep the bill here in just gonna give it back tomorrow." He raised his eyebrows.

"Please?" I felt bad.

"He's not kidding, you'll find it in your wallet tomorrow." Hudson told me.

"Pshhh fine." I took it back and he grinned.

-

I knocked, hearing her shout "come in!"

I walked in, seeing her huddled under blankets.

"Comfy?" I asked.

"Not yet." She pouted.

It was hard. I was hard. She made it so difficult for me sometimes.

She's 'not that type of girl' my ass.

"Lay with me." She whispered, turning on her dim lamp as I turned off the switch to the main light.

I saw her bare arm, the urge to just feel her skin making my fingertips burn with anticipation.

I took off my heavy coat, walking toward her as I pulled my shoes off, setting it by the foot of her bed.

My brain flickered to Adam Carlson, wondering if it's really that incredible to taste a girl in her most intimate places.

I needed to stop.

"What's wrong?" She asked me.

"Nothing love." I moved her hair from her forehead.

She scooted toward the wall, opening her covers, revealing her perfect self a little more to me every time.

I laid with her, her hands immediately going under my hoodie and touching my bare skin.

"You're warm." She mumbled, her leg moving over my waist, her arm over my chest but still under my hoodie as her body was pressed against my side.

"I'm sorry." She whispered.

"Why?" I wondered, my arm under her head as I pillow, my fingers delicately feeling her shoulder blades as my other was on her thigh that was over my waist.

"I feel like I keep accidentally leading you on." She whispered.

"No, you're not." I told her.

"Are you lying to me?" She looked up at me and I looked at her, smiling.

"No. I'm just the dirtiest saint of a man. It isn't you." I reassured.

"Do I need to avoid saying or doing anything?" She offered the sweetest offer.

"Breathing, existing." I joked.

"Seriously." She frowned.

"No sweetheart. It's me, it's my brain, my thoughts. Am I making you uncomfortable?" I asked.

"No you're not. Honestly I'm flattered." She laughed.

"Good." I smiled.

"What do you think about?" She said, so quietly, clearly embarrassed by asking but obviously curious.

Well then.