40. Opening

Hailey Aspen-

I smiled, making cookies with Liv while Carm, Hudson, Connor, Travis, and Peyton were upstairs doing something.

"You're prettier in person." She told me and I laughed.

"You're absolutely beautiful all the time." I poked her nose while I had flour in my hand and she laughed.

"WHAT!" Hudson plummeted down the stairs.

"What?" I was startled as Peyton covered her mouth.

"You have symptoms?" She whispered.

"Travis." I scoffed.

"I'm excited and your taking the test here." He pouted, coming around and hugging Olivia.

"What's happening?" She asked.

"Do you want to be an aunt?" Travis asked.

"Like- like an auntie?" She turned around and I laughed.

I put the cookies in the oven, Connor and Hudson hugging me.

"I haven't even tested yet!" I laughed.

"You're late. I know these things. My funcle senses are tingling." Hudson told me.

"Funcle?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Duh. Fun-uncle." He scoffed.

"I think it's a boy." Connor nodded.

"Don't get me excited. Things can happen." I groaned.

"Your pregnant. Mama P's dog will not leave you alone." Carmen nodded.

"Come on." Peyton held out her hand, I took it as we walked upstairs.

"I know you already brought your own tests but I have better ones I just bought for you. I already knew you were trying." She winked.

She took tests from under her sink.

"Should I wait? Or test now?" I whispered.

"Whatever you're comfortable with honey." She leaned against her counter.

"I mean I don't really have morning sickness or anything so I don't even know if I am." I stared at the tests.

"You're 12 days late. You're tired, bloated, you cried watching Elf when the elves didn't want Buddy. I didn't have sickness with Travis. I didn't know I was pregnant with him until I was 5 months. Granted I was 16." She laughed.

"We can buy more if you want to rest now and later. But when you test, always have multiple tests. That's why I got an electronic one and the 2 stripe ones." She told me and I nodded, already tearing up.

"I want this to happen so bad. I'm nervous I'm overconfident though." I crossed my arms.

"If you ask me your under confident. Which is okay, but you'll never know until you test." She shrugged.

I nodded, grabbing the little cup it comes with.

-

"I'm so scared. Why do these take so long? Put them upside down." I frowned, turning them away from me.

I felt like I was about to puke in anticipation.

"Do you want me to get anyone? Hudson? Travis?" She asked.

I shook my head no.

"I know Travis is obviously the reason this should happen but they're all too positive. I'm scared I'll upset them. I didn't want anyone to know yet." I wiped my eyes.