25. IHOP

Hailey Aspen-

I hummed, shoving the delicious bite of crepe into my mouth, getting Nutella, whip cream, and a strawberry together.

"Good?" Hudson asked and I nodded.

Him and Carmen sat together so clearly something was happening as Connor sat on the lonely side of the IHOP table, not in the booth, Travis and I on the other side.

"Are you lonely? Want a strawberry?" I offered.

He smiled.

"I'm not lonely. I'm happy for you guys. I'm a happily single man." He nodded.

I smiled, eating more, this hit the fucking spot.

Travis laid his hand on my thigh, keeping it there.

"Can I take a potato?" I asked him, looking at his skillet platter.

He laughed.

"That's not gonna go with your hot chocolate and crepes love." He raised his eyebrows and I frowned.

"Take what you want." He nodded.

I stabbed a potato piece that had Tapatio on it, eating it.

"So good." I whispered.

"So, what's happening over here?" I asked, motioning to Hudson and Carm with my fork.

They both smiled, looking at their plates.

I moved, looking under the booth.

I smiled seeing Hudson's hand on his leg.

I gasped and they immediately looked at me as I sat back up.

"So cute. I'm melting." I faked a faint.

"Stop." Carmen mumbled.

"Oh it's not so fucking funny now huh?" Travis looked at him.

"It's different." He glared at him.

"Mmmm yeah no. I don't think so. Any updates? You kissed yet?" I winked at Carmen and he just stared at me.

"That's my girl." Travis cheered and Connor clapped.

"Yes. We did." Hudson nodded and Carmen was surprised he answered but I wasn't.

He tells me everything. Always.

"And? Was it fireworks?" I swooned.

"It was everything." Hudson whispered and I smiled, everything happening perfectly.

All my stars were aligning.

My brother was happy, I was happy, I was being treated good, he was too.

This was my peak. And I wanted to drown in my high forever.

"Oh, I have something to give to you." Travis reached into his pocket and pulled out the cutest thing.

Clear fishing line, with a gold clasp, a series of pink beads on it, my name spelt out on letter beads, the square bead white but the letter blue.

"That's so cute." I whispered.

"But just wait, that one's mine. This is yours." He pulled the same thing out, smaller, but opposite. Blue beads were on it, the writing pink as it spelled his name.

I looked at him, smiling.

"My sister mailed them. She wanted me to ask you to be my girlfriend officially in front of all your besties. That's what would make her happy." He smiled, my heart exploding.