43. Adore

Travis Swanson-

"Hey love." I smiled when I walked in the door but I frowned seeing her crying.

"Baby what's the matter?" I whispered, dropping the groceries and going to the couch where she was.

"Y-you left me." She cried and I gave her a sympathetic smile.

"I got the things you've been wanting." I sat down, lifting her feet onto my lap, her hands on her bump.

"My boobs hurt." She recoiled onto her side, tucking a pillow under her head as she sniffled.

She was 16 weeks, our son definitely got my genes with how fast he was growing and how big he'd be. She had a small bump showing she was obviously pregnant, her boobs had been hurting, her back had been as well and she's sleeping awful because she isn't able to be in her stomach.

So that created an emotional rollercoaster that I wish I could cure.

"Hailey." I whispered.

"Hm?" She asked.

"Come here sweetheart. I'm home now." I squeezed her calf and she moved slowly, sitting up as she scooted herself into my lap.

She kissed my neck, her legs draped over mine.

"Thank you for being so good to me. I'm sorry." She sighed.

I didn't like that. She shouldn't apologize. For anything. Ever.

"Can I run you a bath?" I asked.

She hummed.

"Can you take it with me?" She laid her head on my shoulder.

"Whatever you want. I just have to put the groceries away quickly." I rubbed her back.

I stood, gently setting her on the ground.

"I'll help." She walked and we both grabbed the groceries, putting them where they belonged.

I walked to the bathroom as she grabbed towels.

I set the bag of personal, not food, stuff on the vanity in the bathroom.

I bought us necessities like toothpaste, deodorant, body cream for her belly, oil for it as well.

She wanted it for stretch marks but I didn't want her to be itchy and in pain from him growing so I would do what I could to help her.

"We're you able to nap when I was gone?" I asked.

"No. Lying on my side even hurts my boobs. It's like sharp pain." She frowned.

I began the water, pulling her to me by her hoodie pocket.

Well, my hoodie she'd been in for 2 days.

I kissed her forehead.

"I'm sorry I did this to you. I wish I could take any pain from you." I had her beautiful face between my hands, hoping and wishing our baby would have her eyes. Her everything.

She smiled, leaning into my touch.

"I'm blessed to be able to experience this. Thank you for giving me the opportunity. And I'm fine, it's natural to feel discomfort when you're growing a human." She winked and I smiled.

"I love you so very much. I wish words existed for the complete and absolute way I love you." I shook my head, feeling complete.

This woman would be my wife, the mother to my child, the grandmother to our grandchildren, and my eternal best friend.

I knew that not only my heart was safe with her, but also my child.

And that's the only way I put in perspective how much I adore her.